Chapter 16: With a Bit of Magic and Determination

"Wake up, brat!"

"Jeez, you're acting like that comedian, always sleeping."

"Oh well, guess I'll start it then while you're out!"

(y/n)'s eyes fluttered open seeing bright red eyes staring into hers. Chara smirked seeing the half-monster has finally awoken. (y/n) glares and struggles to move her arms, but is somehow held down by something metal.

"Hah! Finally, took you long enough!" Chara backed up to give (y/n) a little space.

"What is going on?" (y/n) growled. She looks over to her arms seeing they're being held down by metal bands connected to a table.

"What do you think, stupid? I'm about to experiment you and then take over your body~" Chara grinned devilishly.

"And you're crazy. Anything else new?" (y/n) remarked with a hint of boredom.

In a instant, glowing (f/c) magic surrounded the metal bands, breaking it in half for (y/n) to get off the table. She smirked at the demon child seeing that her eyes widened in surprise and in amusement.

"Heh, you never fail to surprise me, monster." Chara glared at (y/n).

All of the sudden, the scene changed like it was an illusion, showing the center of the town where dead bodies and dust covered the tiled ground. A water fountain flowing water stood strong in the center, making it the very center of town. Chara smirked as she grabbed her knife, pointing at the (h/c) teen.

"I think it's fair that you should fight too, wouldn't it? What's the fun without at least some struggle?" Chara giggled.

(y/n) tried calling for help...but nobody came.

"Guess I have to do this myself, huh? Well then...be prepared to get out of my sister's body!" (y/n) sighed.

A (f/c) glows from (y/n)'s hands as bones shoot aiming at Chara. Blasters, similar to Gaster Blasters, but skulls of wolves shot at Chara giving her slight damage. Chara grunted as some HP dropped down, but it didn't stop her. She charged at (y/n), slashing her knife but (y/n) dodged it like it was nothing.

"Seriously do you think I'm stupid? Thank to Sans, I know what I can do." (y/n) expression darkens as more bones and blasters shot at Chara.

"Really? Well you do look like him with that disgusting clothing!" Chara spat out, trying to dodge but was hit.

"Sorry, but you know, I had business down in the Underground" (y/n) finishes off with another blaster.

Chara's soul broke into pieces, and (y/n) sighs in relief. But time was reverted to before they battled.

Meanwhile...

Sans shot up from his bed and frantically searched for (y/n).

'Shit shit shit not now no no no no no no'

He looked around the house seeing Flowey wide awake as well looking around the room. Flowey's expression was saddened and in panic. Sans sighed as he looked over to the flower.

"Have you seen her?" Sans asked quickly still in the state of panic.

"No, I just woke up from you know what." Flowey glared at Sans.

Sans rolled his eyes as he took the flower pot containing Flowey and teleported around town looking for (y/n).

....

"Okay, okay want to hear another joke?" (y/n) laughed as another blaster aimed at Chara.

"No! Why can't you just die already?!" Chara growled as her arm was stuck with (y/n)'s foot.

"Too bad! I find this humerous seeing you suffer like you did to EVERYONE ELSE!" Chara's soul once again shattered, only for it to be put back together new.

"Don't you see (y/n)? I have control on the timelines which that means.." Chara's soul shines bright with red only for it to have dark black cracks to appear.

"W-what?! What is this?!" Chara eyes widen in surprise as more cracks appear. (y/n) stood frozen as voices were heard.

"KID!"

"(y/n)!"

Sans and Flowey ran up to (y/n) hugging her, but what really made her froze was Frisk's.

"(y/n) can you hear me? Please, just kill her one more time and I might be able to take over again. Then you need to kill me!" Frisk's voice rang in (y/n)'s ears as she gritted her teeth in anger.

As Chara was frozen in place from the cracks and Frisk trying take over, (y/n) glances at Sans while he smirks, giving off a signal. Flowey was speechless seeing his best friend in pain and shock. He then glares at her, they were no longer friends.

"It's a beautiful day outside"

"Birds are singing, flowers are blooming"

"On days like these, kids like you"

"SHOULD BE HAVING A DEAD TIME!"

Sans and (y/n) used their blasters against Chara leaving more black cracks and her soul shattered once again.

They sighed in relief as Frisk took control of their body. Frisk, who is covered in dust and blood, dropped the knife and was on her knees crying. (y/n) walks over their older sibling and comforts her.

"It's okay...you can rest now. It's time for me to fix everything, okay?" (y/n) whispered to her.

A bone shot through Frisk's soul making it shatter.

Frisk lost their DETERMINATION.

(y/n) gains their DETERMINATION.

(y/n) stands up and presses the reset button.

"Let's try again...one more time" (y/n) smiles as the world goes to darkness.

...

(y/n) wakes up a the bottom of the hole at Mt. Ebott. She smiles as she looks at the golden flowers once again. She looks down seeing her still in her original form. She waves her hand and she takes form of Frisk.

She walks into the next room seeing Flowey there waiting for her. Flowey looks up with smirk as the 'friendliness pellets' were aimed at (y/n).

"Howdy-"

"Asriel, cut the act. You know why I'm here."

This is the end of DETERMINED to SAVE

A/N: Hi guys! Sorry this is rushed and not expected and not great and yeah. But yeah there's a lot of plot holes which I'm willing to explain in a short while. Hopefully by the next hour or so.

I decided I should leave this as it is because one, I lost interest of this so no sequel. Two, it felt like a burden to me to update this since everything that's been going on in life. But, since this is over I CAN UPDATE LOSING TIDES AND MY ANGEL LIKE FINALLY ITS ABOUT TIME WHOOP WHOOP!

So yeah, explanation soon and questions answered later today so just ask whatever and I'll answer ^-^

~Katy