chapter four

BADIA'S p.o.v

The wedding was fast approaching.
Maria , mum and I were busy preparing for the wedding, it's a big day, nothing in comparison to the engagement party .
which makes me much more nervous.
Every one was thrilled about the wedding coming up except me , I kept finding my self in the biggest loop hole, thinking about my fiancée  whom has no interest in me or so I think,  each time I remember  Allah's choice is the best I have some sort of relief and hope because I know Allah will never hurt his servant.

At around  12pm mum asked ,
I and Maria to get ready because perphaps a lady whom does make overs , a  make up artist would arrive soon in other to get me prepared for the big day. Mum thinks it's not a good idea for a soon to be bride to be roaming about,  she rather I get treated at home. I  and Maria got ready.
I wore a pink flawless gown and rolled a beige hijab. Maria wore a grey gown and tied an emerald scarp. We looked quite good both applying simple make up.
we went straight to mum to ask for her permission.
mum" I have forgetten to tell you earlier.." I nodd as I careful watch Maria talks to her.
"today I and badia would be going for cake tasting said "Maria.
" I thought we would be making it at home, you know how much it would cost" mum statement. "oh common mum , it's a wedding cake, and badia deserves the best and besides I would be using some cash from my collage fund "Maria said.  ok don't stay long, the decorator would be coming later in the day, be back 2:30 sharp said mum.
I stood there listening to their conversation  and contributing nothing to it. By God grace , we would be back on time says Maria.  may Allah bless you my kids, mum said .
Allahu hafiz I said and both I and maria left.
We tasted a lot of flavour and different types of cake it was really hard to choose, especially when I and Maria couldn't come into an agreement of which is best though both are my favourite  flavours. I have to confess my head isn't in the wedding I kept chosen things I would probably not like on a normal basis.

We left the shop by 2pm sharp and headed back home, we were luckily to arrive home right in time, though the bakery was a few blocks from home.
mum asked me to freshen up and get ready for my make  over, I wore a short dark brown  gown. The lady whom I found to be named lady Aya, gave me milk to bath with later in the day and stated rubbing all sort of beautifyer on me.
This continues for a few days.
I was finally ready and look totally different . I looked bright and feel softer. I looked fairer with no pimples and skin acne. I looked fawless if , it does exist. 

The wedding was finally here.
Abida whom had passed the night with us woke me up, "wake up sleepy head " yelled Abida.
"its just 7am let me be" I almost spit out.
"common today is a big day get up " said Abida. We kept on that way I couldn't resist her pestirizing  me any longer so I gave up and went straight to the washroom. after 30min I came out wearing the same cloth as Abida. she got us the same matching cloth on my 17th birthday, I wore it because who knows when I would see her again apart from today. I would miss her dearly I stood there with tears rolling down my cheek,
when I sudden felt someone wiping them off, it was Abida.
"what now?" asked Abida.
I  tried to  reply but burst into more tears.
"It's ok " she assured me as she pat me on the back and hugged me.
" is j..u.st th...at I w. .ou.ld .miss .y...Ou "I stutter in between tears.

oh Badia" , said Abida as she wails also.

we cried for long before Abida was able to comfort me.
"Don't worry we will always be in touch , I would phone you, i would  bugg you untill   you would hardly feel my absence" she said sweetly.
"I let out a soft short laugher.
today's your wedding day, you should brighten up a little bit" she said.
We kept on chitchatting.
All of a sudden we heard a scream , I and abida hurried towards the parlour but no one was there,we started hearing someone crying.  I was worried and nervous at the same time.
I could hear my stomach turning.  We headed to mums room because the sound of the crying  seems to be coming from there , it must be coming from there i concluded.
I open the room and what I saw made me black out..,I fainted.