epilogue II

P.S-> Some say the best way into a man's heart , is through his stomach.. How true is that?

~ Put your favourite playlist as you scroll down ~

BADIA'S P.O.V.

As maria stood to leave , we heard distant chatter, when the noise grew louder we heard "Give me my toy" cried lairab running after omar , as omar runs towards us.
"Heys, heys" I called.
"Stop now".
Omar is Abida's youngest child.
"What's wrong" I asked,
"Mum it's omar, he took my toy and.."
Said lairab trying to give his side of the story when I cut him off.
"Didn't I say you should share your toys with your brothers, and omar is like your brother....got it?"  I tried to make lairab understand .
Lairab nodded his head.

"And omar " she said with a smile. "why don't we tried sharing the toy? I think you will find the fun in sharing very exciting". I  bend over to collect it "Don't stress yourself in this condition, it's not good for the baby...Now let me get it says" Maria as she bends for the toy.

Since I gave birth to the twins I have been playing a mediator for quite a while , and as mothers., its one of our many jobs.
"Now go to your sister, farida , and ask her to give you both , chocolate bars" With that both of them ran upstairs happily without thinking twice.
"Maria go and rest now, it's going to be a long day tomorrow" i said .

The next day;

"You look really dashing my dear " I said.
"I remembered 19 years back when I married your Dad, I was just like you, young , happy and in love"  I lied.
"How was Dad, how did you know he's the right man for you " asked najwa.
I froze by her sudden questions, I never knew if he was the right man for me, I just got married to him.

"Ouchhh" , mum my hair screamed najwa.
I hadn't realise I was pulling her hair really hard.
"Am sorry, my dear" I apologise.
her mood changes "najwa my dear what's wrong" I asked quite worried.
"Is it the hair" I asked.
"No, I just wish mum farida is here, seeing everyone here especially her relatives reminds me of her absence" sobs najwa.
"Oh dear, your mother is here with you , right here" I pointed at her chest "she's here in your heart " I said warmly
She smiled..,
"Always be happy , I know farida would be proud and happy to see you happy., you know the very first day I saw you, I knew you would grow up into an amazing, beautiful, strong independent woman which you grew up to be".
Najwa smiled.
"Mum I'll miss you, especially you combing my hair " said najwa.
I smiled, we both chuckled after I narrated my favourite tale of our first encounter together,
Weirdly but since that day , I and najwa bonded over hair combing.

"Mother why is aunt Ruba not here yet", asked najwa.
"She will be here, soon, you know aunt Ruba leaves far away" I tried to explain.
Najwa pouted her lips, "I won't get married untill aunt Ruba comes here" said an adamant najwa.
"Don't be stubborn now najwa , Ruba will arrive any moment from now".
"Mum, everyone is waiting for the bride" said farida coming in.
"You see, now stand up let's go".
"I won't untill , aunt Ruba walks me down the aisle " argued najwa, ya Allah.

Ruba is married to one of Qatar's social elite, also an oil mogul. Ruba currently lives abroad and hasn't been in Qatar for quite a while, everyone at home misses her, Abid took Ammi to ruba a year ago.
"My dear, lets at least go down stairs"  I tried to persuade najwa into changing her mind.
"Now how will, my favourite niece gets married with out me" said ruba making her entrance from no where.
"Aunt ruba" gasped farida embrassing her aunt,
"Laila, mu'adh come here" I called Ruba's kid taking them onto my warm friendly embrace, both Laila and mu'adh are my lairab's age.
"Now get off your aunt,let her at least sit" I scolded  najwa who was now all over Ruba.
"You have gain quite a lot of weight, I almost didn't recognise you" teased ruba.
I glared at her,
"Pregnancy does fit you" says ruba.
"And you too "I replied "I guess we will put to birth , at the same time like we did with them Laila " I teased.
" Oh shut up, am not pregnant " She defends herself.  " then you're quite fat".
"Mum, aunt the time is going why don't you get najwa married first and then catch up  later" said farida.
"Naughty kid" I teased.
"Don't mind her, she's just like her Dad" said Ruba.
Ruba took najwa whom was looking strikingly captivating in her velvet floral wedding gown by the hands and they headed down stairs where the wedding was taking place.