chapter fourteen

You ...you...,
The better part of me...me..
The part I'll never be,
The useful part I'll always need. ..

-song lyric from liv & maddie

What I imagine to be Badia's henna.

"Oh my Allah (O.M.A)" I gasp "you look amazing".
She certainly does. Tge green gown laced with black embroideries look breathtaking.
green has always been her colour.
"This dress really fits you maria, yasir most be really lucky to have you ", I complimented maria.

"yes she's really looking stunning"  said Abida.

"Now hurry up , the guest must be waiting,  it's about time for the engagement" Abida reminded us.

We held maria's hand and led her to the living room. where the engagement ceremony is happening.

I was shocked to see Abid there. He moved right towards me and  Abida took Maria away.

I rushed to my room and Abid followed .

I was about to shut the door when Abid put his feet blocking me in doing so.

"Please let me in" beseech  Abid.
I left the door and walked in.
"You" I couldn't decide if he's worth the stress  "what are you doing here" i said bluntly .

"Attending my sister-in-law's  engagement" he said .
"You can do so, without actually coming to me ", I said coldly.

" Badia please here me out, i..." he began
I raised my hands to a halt and turned.
"Please here me out", he said again.

I was about to scold him when I heard him called Abida's name and I suddenly went mute.

"Abida called me, she told me everything" when he notice he have gotten, you attention he heaves a sigh.
"Badia nothing is really what it seems , I am ..."

He was about to say something but got cut off from his buzzing phone.
He took the phone out of his pocket and received the call placing it on his ear.
"hello" ,

"subhanallah" ,

"I will be right there immediately" said Abid then he cuts the  call and ran out.

You must be kidding me .
what would be more important than apologizing to me I thought and left to join everyone before someone notice am missing.

ABID'S P.O.V

Ruba ask if I could join her to drop badia but seeing the look on badia's face I didn't want to upset her anymore than she is, I understand she needed space so I gave her that.

I came up with an excuse for ruba so she won't border me.

I know badia is upset with  me , but she won't tell me why and I don't know why.
It kills me not knowing why she's mad at me.

I really don't know what I did or why am being punished.

For the past few days that Badia had left me I felt empty.

it was devastating knowing she's out there mad at me. Every part of the house reminds me of her, when I close my eyes I see her. It really kills me been away from her.i am empty without her

even with najwa by my side I felt something missing, a big part of me missing.

After seeing badia posting a pic of henna with Abida her best friend on instargram writing how Abida was her better half.