chapter ten

DEDICATED TO @ABUBARAISHA.
~~~Meet FARIDA. Abid's ex-wife~~~~

BADIA'S P.O.V

I Could feel Abid's hand slipping away from mine. I quickly turned to an unconscious Abid. I was confused and couldn't think in this horrifying situation, "GET AWAY" from here I shouted to the lady whom stood by the door emphasizing each word. she wouldn't move , so I just drag Abid in and surprisingly the lady has already made her way in also.

I was in a state of confusion with nothing to do , I just kept trying to wake Abid when I saw a shadow over me, It was her.....holding a cup of water to sprinkle over Abid.
I snatch the cup away,that's when I notice a little girl behind her, she must have been there all along. I sprinkle the water Over Abid and the little girl hugged Abid and started crying. "Daddy, daddy, wake up. ..... Please wake up" she weeps. that's when Abid regain consciousness, he slowly open his eyes and there was a flash of hope in it when his eyes landed on the little girl. Abid was taut.
He held the little girl tight and whispered something to her ears, making the girl smile. She had such a beautiful smile, like her dad's.
I stood there gawking at the beautiful sight in front of me.

ABID'S P.O.V

I must have fainted due to alot of  tension . I woke up to a voice saying "Daddy wake up.... Please wake up". It must be najwa.
najwa my daughter had been there all along. I held her tightly and whispered to her ears. "Don't worry angel, Daddy is here, he will never leave you". I opened my eyes to the sight of farida seated a crossed me looking tense.
I frowned as our eyes met. Red was seated on the couches,  and her hands playing with my hair. she looked worried, I raised my head and whispered to badia. "everything is alright ok". she looked confused but I held her hands and ask her to please take najwa upstairs with her. I need to talk to farida. badia took najwa by the hands and did as told with no complaints.

As I watch them leave I turned to face farida whom was now in tears.

I was so mad, I was about to burst when I remembered that hadith
if you do not have anything nice to say, is better to keep quite. or so I remembered the hadith.

I became speechless.

what to say to her , how to say it not sounding mean. I couldn't bring myself to look at her, looking at her opens a deep wound, it makes me angry and everything, every pain i felt comes back,  all at once.

"What are you doing here? "
I finally spoke. she didn't answer so I turned to face her, she was busy looking at her feets  with her face down, pondering about what to say next perhaps.
She's was wearing a beautiful blue gown with milk veil. Blue always sooths her right.
I never seize to stop complimenting here each time she's on blue, but right now ... if there's any color I dispise, then it's blue thanks to her.

"I asked you a question" I yelled to farida as soon as I was done assessing her.

"Am so sorry Abid, I was not thinking when I did what I did, I swear I have a reason for leaving" she dare say.

"Do you think this is some sort of game "I yelled. Reason! !.?
She shivered in fear.

Now am curios. It must be a good reason i thought.
I sat back on the chair and crossed my legs
"am listening" i finally spoke.

"Abid I love you, I couldn't bear to see you live in pain, all worrying about me. I knew you cared so much and you  will be shattered seeing me die. I know you would be devastated and never move on, Abid you would have morn me for the rest of your life leaving poor najwa without the care of both parent. Abid I was diagnosed with  cancer and their prognosis is that I  have less than a year to live", said a wailing farida.
I could tell that she was trembling because she couldn't stand well as she talker