chapter twenty-two

I woke up surrounded by Ruba and Abid
I couldn't  believe Farida is no more,
I can't do this all on my own, I can't raise najwa alone.
Why did you leave?,I sob.

  "where's najwa, what are we going to tell her,
That her mum was adamant to receive treatment and gave up too soon on life" I cried.
"Why are you here, let's go to her dead body,
I need to see it" I demanded.
"Badia , Farida was buried yesterday,
You  have been in the hospital for a day..
The doctors induced you ,  you needed rest due to the doctors instructions" said Abid .
"the doctor said that you are pregnant and you fainted due to stress and panic"
"I told him to give you sleeping pills.
Because I know you would be adamant and would  stress the more, you will cry your heart out and that is not good for the baby" Said Abid.
I heard nothing Abid said after baby.
Baby? , what baby?.
"Am i pregnant?."
I can't believe am pregnant.
"We will be parents soon" said Abid with so much happiness  in his voice i hugged him.
At least there's a good news in all this situation.
I don't know a thing about pregnancy I could remember Farida promising to help me in each and every  step of my pregnancy.
Tears start to roll down my cheeks.
She didn't keep her promise.
  The next day all the rites on Farida  was completed.

  ********8 months later******

It's been eight month since Farida left us.
I know I really don't know her that much. But the little time I spend with her, I came to know her and I loved her  as if she's my  own sister. I miss Farida a lot , even Abid misses her as much.
Remembering all those days , for the past 8month of how I'll always convince najwa that her mum is in the heaven up there watching her each time she ask me of Farida.
Tears began to roll down my cheeks as I remember those memories.

"Hey why are you crying? ,  you know it's not good for you or the baby "said Ammi dragging me back to reality.
"Oh no Ammi, I  had something in my eyes, so I tried to remove it" I lied.
"Ok it's getting dark , you should get in and have a rest" said Ammi buying my story.
"Ok Ammi" I replied  as I  left the garden.
"Be careful sweetheart" said Abid as I entered the living room.
I glare at him.
"Aren't you the reason am struggling to walk now" I scolded . I honestly didn't know when or how I  became so free with Abid.
I just feel free with my beloveth.
Before I could say another word, up I was in Abid arms.
I held Abid by the neck , tightening my grib as he made his way to our room .
Abid laid me to bed kissing my neck as he tries to make his way out. "ABID" I called out.
"You are the best thing that has ever happen to me" I whispered quite loudly. I could see Abid flush even in the dark, even in this condition Abid still has alot of effect towards me like I do towards him.
I continued on with my emotional talk as Abid held my hands , "I am really glad to have you by my side".
"Thank you for always been there for me" I said.
"Shush..."said Abid shutting me with a sweet peck.
"No I am the luckiest man alive to have you as my wife  Mrs. Abid Ahmad"
"why won't I be their for you, you are my wife whom I care for the most".
"So why all this thanks suddenly" asked Abid.
"It's just that each time I feel my bump, each time she kicks, I have the greatest feeling  that I  couldn't begin to phantom, and you are the reason".
"Thank you for bringing a smile on to my face Abid" I said.
"Feel it, the symbol of our love Abid" I said as I placed Abid hands on my bump.
Abid held my hands and began to caress my baby bump, this man here by my side brings nothing to me but happiness.
I laid on Abid's lap as the night goes by.

    "Ruba hurry with the delivery bag" yelled Abid as I scream trying to keep the pain together.
It's been a month , of happiness,  dreams come alive. Abid was  really a prince, I mean the way he handle me being all hormonal , I really didn't see that coming.
Abid will never seize to amaze me.
With each passing day I learn a sweet or two things about him.
Everything about this pregnancy was a fairytale up until now.
Having this pain I blame Abid for putting me in this condition.  i squeezed Abid hands as the car drove to the hospital it was my way of controlling the burning pain.

The  doctor ask if he could give Me an epidural.
"She's dilated up to 6 centimetres meters " said one of the nurse.
"That's not enough" said the doctor.
In all their conversation I couldn't feel anything except this terrible labour pain.
"Which are you feeling ?", asked the doctor as he motioned towards a chart of smiley with different expression.(pain chart)
It was 10 I think.
"8 " I answered,  It had to be the frowning emoji with no tears.
''The child's heart beat is dropping'' said the Nurse.
For the 1st time since morning I have suddenly stopped worrying or thinking about the labour pain but my unborn child's pain.
"Prepare her for a c-section".
"Any delay will loose one of them" said the doctor.
My heart began to speed,just thinking about loosing my unborn baby.
In no time I was inside a scrub and so was Abid right by my side holding my arms.
      "Congrats it's a baby girl " said one of the doctors.
And at that moment I could only see a life full of happiness. 

ABID'S  P.O.V.

"We have register here for delivery , Mrs.Abid farouqi" I informed the nurse by the counter.
"You're early" said the nurse and then called another nurse to take badia in placing her on a stretcher.
I was ask to wait there calmly.
But how could I , I was busy walking the hospital hallway up and down , hovering around. I was anxiously awaiting the delivery of my child.
Najwas' going to be a big sister any moment from now, I grin.
"Come with me" said a nurse.
I was worried, could anything have gone wrong.
Oh no. Subhanallah.
"We need to perform a c-section" said the doctor leaving me amused.
I couldn't speak but my tears did the talking.
"No need to worry sir, everything is under control.
We just need you to sign" this said the doctor as he passes a paper to me.
"And come in to the theatre room.
As your wife insist you be there with her " said the doctor and then giving me a coloured scrub.
Badia was induced and in no time she gave birth to beautiful  baby girl.
few moments later, we were dismissed and off we left.
Am really thrilled , knowing am now a Dad for the second  time.

💎💎💎💎

"What would she be called ?" ask Ammi.
I looked at badia , and shook my head keeping my promise that she get to choose the name.
"Farida" said badia leaving everyone speechless.
My eyes became  watery.
But I manage to control myself.
"Farida it is " I said  in a calm tone.
"May Allah bless you " said Ammi to badia.
"Mummy, mummy" yelled najwa running  in "is that a baby " asked little miss curious.
"Yes dear", with that I pick her up ,so she could have a better view of Farida.
"She's so small" said najwa.
"Yes she is" I answered.
"Who's she " asked najwa.
"She's your little sister" answered badia this time around.
"Where did you get her from" asked najwa.
"From the hospital " replied badia calmly.
"When will you return her "asked najwa.
"Now you ask a lot of questions for a small child" I scolded .
"Let her be" , chirps in ruba.
It seems everyone is fascinated towards najwa's silly questions.
"No she's here to stay and keep you company , now you wouldn't want to be alone would you" , asked badia.
"No' she pouted.
"No", najwa nodded her head.
I felt great seeing how happy my family is and how lucky I was to have them.
I kept staring at the wonderful view they gave me.

I couldn't explain the happiness this angel brought to my life.
Am glad she worked in and safe me from my demon.
She filled the empty spaces in my life.💑
She filled the void I once had.
With that I kiss her on her cheeks.💏
As we officially welcomed our newest  daughter into our life's and home.👪

Vote, comment.
P.s-,
I have no idea how the labour room is but I improvised.
Hope you enjoy
With lurv,
Carltumee 💋