epilogue lb.

Life is full of ups and downs.

Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple
_ Dr.suess

BADIA'S P.O.V.

"Am sorry, your daughter has a dilated cardiomyopathy " said the doctor acting professional now.
"What !," I almost yell.
The only thing I understood from what the doctor said, is heart. I had learn back in college that cardio refers to the heart , I could feel my cardiac  beat increase.
"Please speak English" I said in between tears.
"As a result,  the heart can't pump blood all over the body"  he continues .
"Does this means she's going to die? "  I asked a bit scared.
"No, she just need medical attention" he said
"She has a weak heart".
"How did she got it ?"  asked Abid .
"You see it could be due to coronary heart disease, sarcoidosis, amyloidosis or even inherited" the doctor highlighted.

Again with the medical drama.
I kept staring at the doctor like a zombie as he calls his weird foreign names.
"Does anyone in the family has a similar  case" asked the doctor.
"Not that we know about" answered Abid.
"No, your dad has it " said Ammi facing  Abid.
"Mr. Ahmed farouqi also had it, he died due to a heart failure eventually ".
"Indeed she has inherited it from him" said Ammi crying on her sudden reminiscences.
"Perhaps she might have inherited it from her grandfather " the doctor chirped in.
"How do we treat it now?" asked Abid.
"We will put her on some drugs, and her lifestyle will be monitored. If it continues on a long term then we can change the treatment " said the doctor.
"My child fainted,  is she ok, will she be ok" I cried.
"Ma'am, fainting is just one of the symptoms by Allah, she will be"  The Doctor answered the call that came through  on his line. Dropping the call,  he looked my way and spoke;
"She's now conscious " I smiled for the first time, finally a glint of hope.
"You can now go see  her in children's award room1221 " said the doctor dismissing us.
Abid stayed back as I raced to room 1221.

Lost time.....

It's been nine month since  faree was ill, she's now one happy healthy and strong  little baby.

I and ruba have settled our little differences. Ruba has finally learn that it isn't her fault and have forgiven herself.

"Sister-in-law hurry up now with the cake" yelled Ruba.
Today marks the second birth anniversary to farida.
The house was decorated in lavender and pitch.
The water fountain was doing wonders and I was looking dashing in my dusty purple grown and nude colour  hijab which i rolled over my head.
Abid wore a deep purple suit,Ruba was looking charming as always in her velvet floppy gown.

The theme of the birthday was purple, everyone was dressed in purple, even Ammi wore a light purple half Cape. Not to talk about the celebrant, my little angel faree was dress in lavender fulla mini gown with white embroidery., my angel today indeed  looks like a princess  with her little silver crown worn around her head.
I came running right in time with the extra cake in my hands while my little faree blew her birthday cake.
She's finally two years old today.
Everyone was singing and praising her , the atmosphere was cheerful and colourful,
najwa was dancing in her pure purple skimpy dress admist her age mate as   we were all having the time of our life.
The day rolled like it would last for ever.

17years later,

I sat down at the dresser fixing my left ear ring as I saw Abid through the mirror, standing tall,
He was obviously staring at me " having deep thoughts?" I smiled at the alluring view of my dearth
"Abid " I called  but he didn't answer.
Perhaps lost in his thoughts.
"Abid"  I yelled once more.
"Yes" , he answered.
"What's on your mind" I asked curious to why he delayed answering me.
"Nothing just admiring how cute you are".
I blushed "c'mmon" I said acting cool
He moved closer,  now touching my shoulders  "I am really lucky to have you, you know "said Abid,
I smiled shyly as he kisses my cheeks.