chapter nineteen

●Kill a demon today, face the devil 2morrow●

It's been a week since abbas  left, life has been peaceful,
I and ruba had been spending a lot of time lately perhaps she still feels guilty for bringing that jerk into our home.
Nevertheless things flow in the perfect order.
Farida is still adamant on using our little najwa to get better though she's still on her therapy .

"Badia "
"Na'am!" I answered ruba, who kept yelling my name even after I had answered.
"Come to my room now, there's a bit of an emergency" yelled ruba.
What possibly could this silly girl be up to now my subconscious asked.
"Call 911 " I yelled back almost as the same volume as she yelled earlier. 
"Just come " she hollers back.
Here goes nothing, I walked to rubas room, where I saw her holding two different pairs of shoes , a hill and a flat ones in both her hands.
"What's the emergency" I asked
"Which shoe should I where,  this or this" asked ruba as she raised them both respectively.
"You called me, for this "I yelled almost regretting why I came.
"Just knew , you called for nothing or for something silly " I said slyly hitting her slightly on her head.
"Major fashion alert" scoffs ruba.
"You see, she continues , I need to attend this function and I don't know the right shoe to fit with this dress, the hills or flat i wouldn't want to look anything less than elegant".
her room was so mess up , clothes everywhere, I guess she used the whole day before finding that dress hung on her dresser.
"Just wear the flat" I advice her.
"Thanks " said ruba..
"Uhmm, when will najwa return from
Her grandparents , the house is so quite, boring without her" asked ruba.

"She would be staying there throughout the month " I said bluntly.
Trying to hide the fact that am kind of miserable without her, and her little  tales.
"When will you come back from the function" I asked, clearly I do not know what function it is, and I wouldn't want to be nosy so I didn't ask.
"I would be late " said ruba.
"Ok".
I left the room and headed straight to the living room , soon I'll be left all alone.
ABID had left for work and would be back late too,  he said he would go straight to the hospital afterward.
I have started to miss him, even ruba who hasn't left yet.
I can't imagine staying in this big house alone,I have never stayed back home alone.
"Am leaving " said ruba , making me  jump back to reality.
I waved her adieu.
And made some popcorn.
I sat at the cinema watching Orange is the new black.
Hours passed..I couldn't enjoy the series anymore , so I  went upstairs pick up my car keys and drove to town with no where precisely to go.
I decided to go to the park.
Immediately i sat on those chair you would normally come across in the park,i heard my phone buzz, I had a glee plaster all over my face thinking it was ABID who called.
I was really disappointed to see it was just my phone notification when I took my phone out of my pocket trousers.
I opened it and it was a reminder of my anniversary with Abid.
I got mad, just thinking about how ABID left earlier today not remembering it's our anniversary made me sad.
He would probably come back home,  at the night like yesterday and go straight to bed without knowing how important this is to me. I felt like a cat in a deserted island.
I felt mad, so I threw the phone out of anger.

ABID'S P.O.V.

○ABID: hey ruba , have you left the house yet.
☆RUBA: I left 4hours ago.
○ABID: Good , so are you done with all the preparation and does  badia suspect anything.
☆RUBA: yes I am,  and poor badia doesn't suspect anything.
○ABID:ok , meet you at home in half an hour , then we can take badia out.
☆RUBA: no you just come here, I would go and get badia now. It's already 3pm and we have a long day to explore .
○ABID: Ok have it your way, all I care about is seeing the look on badia's face after seeing the surprise.
I can't wait to see my lovely wife,
It feels really awful thinking about how badia must have being feeling.

She probably would think I have forgotten today is our one year anniversary. How would I ,now it won't be fun if I wished her happy anniversary giving her a rose flower in the morning and setting a romantic diner at home , which I still have in mind of doing. It won't be as special as taking her to the hospital, where everyone is there, ammi,  najwa, ruba, Maria n mum. Everyone we cared about being  here to celebrate our happiness with us.this she will cherish,  I flushed just thinking about Red .

RUBA'S P.O.V.
I put my phone back into my purse after reading my last message.
I began to giggle really hard just remembering how miserable badia was today just staring at the TV screen while deep in her thoughts.  She hadn't notice I snug back in to decorate the balcony for their anniversary.
After I had finished with my sneaky job, I saw badia sleeping covered with popcorn,  I stopped and snap a few pictures of her before I left .

Soon I arrived home.
I pulled over and got off the car.
I went straight to the cinema room knowing that , that was where I saw her last .
She wasn't there so I decided to check the kitchen yelling her name at the top of my voice but she wasn't there.
I checked her room , but the same thing she was not in there. I saw her clothes on the bed, meaning she has changed her outfit.
I couldn't find her anywhere , why else would she have change her outfit if not she's  gone out.
I went straight to the driveway,  one car was missing. So I was certain she's out.
I called Abid and informed him but he sounds so worried,  badia doesn't go out, except if some one will drive.
"She's so not fond of driving around like other girls" said Abid.
"Relax she's just probably out for a while, she would be back in no time" I assured Abid.
Abid asked me to wait there, that he would be here in no time.
ABID  arrived and we waited for badia for three hours, it's now 6pm and there was no sign of her.
We were just wasting our plans by minutes.
Abid began to panic.
Hey, I held his chin coming really close to him .
Chill, please where ever badia is I know she's find, is not that she's missing.
"Remember you said badia acted as if she doesn't know about what day today was earlier".
Abid nodded his head.
"Maybe she's out there planning some crazy surprise for you".
"Remember your birthday" I said .
Abid, cheered up a little bit and began to laugh.
I guess flashing on the good memories.

ABID'S P.O.V;
"Ruba", I yelled
I can't wait anymore.
It's already 9pm now and the hospital have closed visitations.
What ever badia is planning is not cool.
"Come let's go and look for her around" Ruba.
I and ruba left in search for her .
We check everywhere but couldn't find her.
"Abid, badia  took the Ford , let's track her " adviced ruba 
That's a good idea ruba.
We tracked her car to the park using car tracker App.
The car was carefully parked and badia was no where to be found.
We searched the whole park but there isn't a sign of her.
I came across her phone at the park and my eyes widen.
"Ruba " I called out,
Whom was busy checking the other part of the park.
"Come over here" I ordered and I showed her badia's phone and I could see the same shock in her eyes as I had in mine when I saw it.
"Call the police", yelled ruba getting worried.
We called the police and made complains, but we were all shaken up.

We looked for badia the whole night but couldn't find her, the police where not of any much help to us.
We had no leads.
Ammi had call earlier to ask why we were not at the hospital yet.
I lied to ammi,not to make them all worried.
I told ammi that we had changed our plans..
At first ammi was mad we change plans but not for long.
She couldn't stay mad at her only son for long.
I was restless that night.
I hadn't sleep.

The following day when I was question by the police , i told them the only enemy we would possibly have was Abbas and he left town 3days after the incidence that happened at home.
No way he could be the one.
I wondered where badia is, or how she is . The feeling of any harm coming to her was so devastating.

Thoughts....
Vote, comments,  share
Vote !!.
Open criticism  (if constructive).
With lurv,
Carltumee 💋