Werewolf Forest::Chapter 3

I jolted awake gasping for air. I was lying on a cot made out of a few blankets piled together. My hands were still bound behind me; I struggled with them only to realize that instead of cloth a pair of handcuffs enclosed my wrists. I laid back down, exhausted. I smelled three people walking to the tent...wait...smelled them? I looked around at the tent seeing every stitch in the cloth and every line in the sticks holding it up. I could smell the dirt, the forest, sweat, something burning, everything. I my ears picked up the smallest of sounds, even a small mouse nibbling on a seed over a hundred feet away. I heard multiple pairs of lungs inhaling and exhaling. A sloshing thumping noise came closer and closer. Danny, Jason, and Gage strode, in perfect formation, into the tent.

"Well it's good to see you awake." Danny smirked at me. He knelt down beside me and the sloshing thumping sound got louder. Thump slosh thump slosh thump slosh. Then I recognized the sound. I was hearing their heart beats.

"What the hell did you do to me you bastard?!" I spat

"Oh now that's not very nice. You're going to have to learn a little respect." He grabbed my arm bringing me to my feet. "Now listen here, whelp, you are to refer to me from now on as sir. You will do anything and everything I, Jason, or Gage tell you to. Do you understand that?"

"I'm not doing anything you say! Not until you give me some answers!"

"You are in no position to be making demands"

"Like I said give me some answers." I said completely ignoring him "what the hell did you do to me? Why is everything so....so....clear?"

He frowned at my defiance. "We changed you, that's what happened. Welcome to the world of werewolves kid."

Werewolves? So that's what they are. But what about the whole full moon thing? Last night wasn't a full moon.

Well, tinsel-town isn't known for its accuracy.

Wait. Changed me? D-does he mean....

I-I'm a....

"Y-you did w-what to me?" I stammered.

"You're one of us now, congrats kid." Gage said in a cold tone. Danny dragged me out of the tent with Jason and Gage on his heels. I was too shocked to protest. The moon was high in the sky once more. It may have been night time but I could see everything perfectly clearly. Like day-time just with odd hues off blues and grays instead of the usual vibrant greens and browns if the forest. My eyes took in every detail of the small camp. Different sized teepees were spread throughout the clearing. A few people were walking about, all extremely similar in looks to Danny, their faces just as cruel. They took me into the trees, the camp disappearing behind moss and brown bark. On the other side of the tree line was a small flat meadow.

"This is our training field. Jason and Gage will teach you here."

"Teach me what?" I said in a dead voice

"Fighting, hunting, shifting, the basics." I nodded my head. I was surprisingly...unsurprised at all this. Or maybe it just hadn't hit me yet. "Jason?" Danny handed me off to Jason and left the clearing.

"Ok, kid, here's the deal. We're going to take the cuffs off of you but no running. Got it? 'Cuz we will catch you and Danny has quite a temper." I nodded my head yes. The shock had washed from my mind and now the gears were turning again. Brue force wasn't going to work with these guys; I needed to be stealthy and cunning if I was going to escape this place. I would do what they said....for now. They unlocked the cuffs and I rubbed my chaffed wrists. "Alrighty then. We're just going to work on getting you comfortable with your new senses for now; after all you did just wake up. Come with me." he walked back into the tree line and sat with legs crossed about three feet in. "sit" he said gesturing in front of him. I sat cross legged facing him and Gage sat beside me, obviously making sure I didn't run. "Now I want you to close your eyes and take a deep breath." I obeyed "Now, what do you smell?" "