Werewolf Forest::Chapter 18

I know it's been forever, and I greatly apologize for that. Things have been hectic, and when I say hectic, I mean HECTIC. But that's unimportant at the moment. Here's chapter 18, no guarantees on the next one. Vote, comment yadda, yadda, yadda...ya just go read the thing.

~Alex

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

I woke up in the morning, my eyelids heavy and my head throbbing. I had barley slept a wink that night; confusing dreams plaguing every minute that I had been able to drift off.

I sat up and put my head in my hands. My brain was swirling with uncertainty and confusion, causing the room to spin around me.

When Andrew kissed me...I responded. I replayed that moment in my mind over and over and over. I could still feel his soft lips pressed against mine, the sparks that spread through my body, leaving smoldering embers in their trail. I had never felt like this before...it was all new and strange and, quite honestly, it scared me. I just didn't know what to think anymore.

He said he had loved me since kindergarten. I now rethought every hug; every time we held hands, every touch, every word he said...it had all meant something different to him than it did to me. Something more...much much more.

I suddenly felt the need to take a shower, maybe in hopes that the water would wash away some of the confusion, that the warm vapor would somehow help me clear my head.

I swung my legs over my bed, jumping slightly when my feet touched the cold floor, and grabbed some cloths from the duffle bag Connor had given me when I got here. My feet tread softly against the ground as I silently opened my door, not wanting to wake Elli. The door clicked behind me and I turned around only to be met with Davo's face a mere foot from mine. I froze and stayed silent, waiting for him to say something.

"Hey..." he smiled and rubbed the back of his neck nervously. "Look, Pix, about yesterday-"

"It's cool Davo," I interrupted him. His brow scrunched up in confusion. "I get it. It was just the heat of the moment. We can just forget it happened ok?"

His face dropped slightly as he processed what I was saying. "Uh...ya...sure..." he said, looking at my feet. "Heat of the moment..." He mumbled something inaudible while shaking his head.

"Well, I'm going to go take a shower, see you around Davo." I pushed past him and walked toward the stairs.

"See ya." He mumbled as I walked by.

I tried not to think about his dejected face as I opened the door to the large bathroom.

Tried, being the key word here.

I grabbed a towel from the closet and walked into the nearest stall.

The water felt good as it washed the dirt and mud off of me from the previous day. As good as the water felt, it did nothing to my state of mind. I couldn't help the knot of pain in my stomach, though weather it was from the confusion with Andrew, finding out our friendship was a lie, Davo's hurt face that I hoped I had just imagined, or any of the other things gnawing away at me, I didn't know.

I hated hurting Davo, but what happened between us could be forgotten, ignored, We could go back to the way we were before, but if I had let him continue, it might not have been so easily forgotten anymore. Unfortunately, that couldn't be done with Andrew. What he said could not be forgotten or ignored, that was for sure.

The water running cold took me out of my thoughts. I turned the water off and wrapped my towel around me. After I was dry enough, I got dressed, grabbed my dirty cloths and towel and headed back to my room.