Werewolf Forest::Chapter 6

IMPORTANT!! PLEASE READ MEMO!!

Ok in case you guys didn't notice on other chapters, in this story Maggie has like internal debates with herself. Now, for some odd reason Wattpad doesn't do the whole Italicized or Bold thing. Why? I have no idea. Normally I use plain Italics for her thoughts and italic-bold for the other voice thing. But since I can't do that and its starting to get a little confusing, I will use quotes like this '' around her thoughts and these ** around her other thoughts. Ok? Sorry, I know it's weird, but, it'll get more confusing otherwise. Ok now I think I went a little high on my last vote-goal so let's try for 15 votes, ok? Can we do that? It would be greatly appreciated. And remember feedback is always appreciated. Oh and thank you to my 13 fans! You guys rock!

Ps. Sorry it took so long. Blame the school for homework, my mom for grounding me, and whatever bug I have that's making me sick.

Ok, so, presenting, Werewolf Forest Chapter 6!

Dun duh duh dun...dun duh duuhhhh!!!

"Today, we will be learning basic shifting." Danny faced me in the training field. It had been four days since the...incident with Gage. I had seen neither hide nor tail (excuse the pun) of him or Jason. Though I had spent much of that time lying in a cot with my wrist chained to one of the posts.

Isn't my life just freaking wonderful?

Answer: No. It freaking sucks.

Today was my first day out of the med-tent and I was already on the training field again. Can anyone say Drill Sergeant?

"Come here, Maggie."

I walked over to Danny. Unlike Gage, I wasn't afraid of this guy spontaneously ripping my limbs off, though I never let my guard down around these lunatics.

He reached into his pocket and I immediately tensed. I relaxed when he pulled out a key instead of a gun or a knife. He grabbed my arm and swung me around so my back was facing him. I knew it best not to argue, this particular member of the Psycho Pack had a serious case of Inflated Ego Syndrome. Apparently he was the 'Alfa', and he thinks that automatically means that I have to obey every word that drips from his pathetically arrogant mouth.

What an idiot.

But, it was extremely easy to offend this guy and when you did, all hell broke loose. I saw it happen when I was lying in the tent. Well, heard it happen but you get my point. Apparently, one of the 'pack' members had 'mouthed off' to Danny. Now, Danny-boy didn't like that, so he had the poor guy whipped and then tied to a pole for three days strait. I saw him being released this morning after three days of not moving, no water, no food, his back torn in still-healing pink lines; he looked like his soul had been broken.

This guy was nuts, but, unfortunately, everyone here followed his orders like their lives depended on it. Therefore, if I had any hope of getting out of here, I had to get on his good side. Or, at least, not get on his bad side.

Danny twisted the key in the lock that held my collar together. I felt the heavy metal slide off my neck. It's amazing how light your neck feels when the five pound metal chunk that's been encasing it for a week is finally removed. I reached my hand up to my neck and felt the raw spot that had healed and been re-opened again and again. It felt smooth, like scar tissue, which it probably was.

"Now," began Danny. "Last time you shifted, it was involuntary, caused by severe emotion. Later on you will learn to control those emotions. But, for now, we will work on being able to phase at will."

I nodded my head, indicating I was listening. Which, of course, I wasn't. My mind was racing, calculating the distance between me and Danny, us and the camp, me and safety of the woods. He had taken the collar off. Maybe now was when I could escape. My eyes were darting around the clearing, looking for any escape route. Danny must have seen where I was looking because he stuck two fingers in his mouth and whistled. Just then four of the pack broke through the tree line. I didn't know their names but I think I had seen them around the camp. He made some hand motions at them and they spread out around the rim of the clearing.

Werewolf ForestOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara