Werewolf Forest::Chapter 4

Gage flew across the clearing into a tree, snapping it in half. I stood, eyes blazing, waiting for my opponent to get up. But he stayed down. I growled at him, ears flattening in anger.

Get up you coward! Fight me! A deep threatening growl radiated through my chest. I crouched down on my front paws, waiting...waiting. He stayed sitting on the ground, staring up at me with a pleased grin. I've had enough of this! I grabbed my enemy in my jaws tossing him about like a chew toy. I flung him high in the air and caught him again on the way down. I threw him to the ground placing one giant paw on his chest. Now you die...his bones were not that strong. If I just pressed a little bit harder....

Stop!

Why should I?

Listen to yourself! Look at yourself!

What do you mean?

You have paws!

And?

You're not supposed to have paws dumbass!

I....I.... I looked down where my paw was poised against Gages chest. My paw. I stepped back, almost tripping on the extra two feet. What...what happened? I trampled over to a small pond looking in the reflective water. I staggered back thinking it impossible. No....no...no.... What I saw in the pool was a giant wolves head. The fur was a silvery white with an odd black Egyptian-like marking over one hand-sized grayish-gold eye. My jaw dropped, as did the wolves in the water.

It's...me.... My feet--er paws--stared running before I had even decided to. They took me faster than I could ever run before, faster than the fastest runner in the world, faster than a car, faster than a speeding bullet, faster than light. I ran and ran, my paws seemingly never touching the ground. I ran in silence, no twigs snapping or leaves crinkling under my gargantuan figure. Silence. I limped to a stop starting to break down in panic. My heart was flittering, my mind racing with a million questions with no answers in sight. I lay on my side and placed my head against the cool ground. My mind stuttered to a stop sending me into blackness.

* * * * * * *

"Help me!" I screamed to the darkness, "please help me, someone!" I plowed through the forest away from my dark figured pursuer. "Help!" I ran as fast as I could but the figure was faster. I could feel it gaining on me, its huge paws crushing sticks and leaves, its hot breath at my neck. It jumped me plowing my face into the cold, unforgiving ground. Its talon-like claws dug into my back. I could feel the blood begin to swell around them, hot sticky liquid streaming down my ribcage. It lifted its paw and I wasted no time jumping up and fleeing. I heard what sounded like a mutilated chuckle emanating from the creature's chest. It was enjoying it. My pain, my fear, it was eating it up. It was going to play with me before it killed me. Chase me, catch me, let me go, than repeat that again and again and again, it was all a game of cat and mouse. Last time I checked it never turned out very well for the mouse. The trees were passing in a blur morphing into one continues shape. I tripped falling to the ground. The figure stood, snarling, over me. A toothy, mocking grin formed with its foaming jowls. I began to shiver and shake, convulsing violently. My mouth began to foam like that of the creatures, a yellowish-white froth bubbling from my bloody lips. A burning iciness poured through my veins freezing me from the inside out. My bones began to break and snap, joints bending backwards and curling in on themselves trying to form to an alien shape. My muscles and tendons ripped and reformed. My skin tore from me completely, growing new. The figure chuckled enjoying my agony. I folded myself into the fetal position, spine bending and breaking to accommodate my new shape.

When the transformation was completed I stood on my four paws, staring at my pursuer. It looked to me, an accomplished look on its face. More strode in, forming a circle around me. Their tails lay unmoving behind them in a solemn form, ears flat against their skulls. A serious and almost sad look filled their glowing yellow eyes.