Werewolf Forest::Chapter 11

CHECK OUT MY POEMS PLEASE!!!! I posted a few poems for the poetry contest and I would REALLY appreciate it if you could vote on them please?? If you will THANK YOU!!! If you're not going to... -.- (I glare at you! Your mother was a hamster! =P Just kidding....maybe) Ok so anyway, Vote goal for this one is 45 by next Wednesday. Keep that in mind. Oh and I THINK the characters will be in the next chapter. I already picked the winners but you have to wait! HAHA. I'm evil! >=} Anyway, enjoy chapter 11!!!! Oh and I was listening to this song recently and I think it kind of relates to Maggie in this chapter. I attached it but if that doesn't work it's called "Broken" by Lifehouse.

~Alex

* * * *

I shifted back into my human form, still staring at his eyes. When he saw my face he faltered, his eyes widening in shock. He shifted back as well and my suspicions were confirmed. He stood there, arms hanging limply by his sides, staring at me in confusion.

"Maggie?" He breathed.

"Andrew?" It was him. It was really him.

"Maggie..." he stared at me in disbelief. "What are you doing here?"

"I could ask you the same thing! I mean you were...I thought you were..." I shook my head in shock.

He had changed in the last year...well, however long it had been now. His dark brown hair that used to be cropped short was now hanging in his eyes. His gangly fifteen-year-old muscles had turned into a sculpted body built for a twenty year old man. I could see every chiseled feature on his bare chest. He was taller, now at least six feet. His face had lost its boyish roundness. If it weren't for his eyes, I might have not recognized him.

"Andrew..." I ran to him and embraced my brother in all but blood in a long-awaited hug. He stiffened at first before he wrapped his arms around me. He grabbed the back of my head and held me close. Tears begin to flow down my cheeks. "I--I thought...I would never...s-see you... again..." I sobbed.

"Maggie..." he pulled away from me so he could look at my face. "I don't understand...why are you here?"

"Because...they told me to come." It was the only answer I had.

He looked around us, his face worried.

"Get down." He pulled me to the ground so we were lying on our stomachs beside each other.

The forest floor was riddled with injured wolves. Some were bleeding, some had limbs bent in odd, unnatural positions, some had bones sticking out of their fur. It was horrifying.

I saw Gage standing over an unmoving body. "Head back to camp!" he yelled to his remaining team members. "Leave the wounded. Our work here is done!" He laughed. The wolves gathered around him and he looked at them in confusion. "Has anyone seen Maggie?"

They all looked around at their comrades and shook their heads.

"The pup must have gotten scared and ran back to camp. Well she'll see what happens to deserters when we get back!" He chuckled. "Let's move out!" We waited for the group to disappear before we moved.

He grabbed my hand and helped me up. "Everyone who can walk group up and we'll head back to camp!" He yelled to the injured wolves. "If your badly injured, head home. Stay in groups. Those of you who can't, phase back and hang tight. A team will be here soon to get you home." A few of the many wolves stood up on shaky legs and began to head back the way they came while some of the least injured walked towards us. Some struggled to get up but ended up collapsing to the ground and shifting back to their human forms. I tried not to look at their broken bodies as the ones who could walk gathered around Andrew. I instinctively hid behind his back.