| 07. put your belt on

"how people treat other people is a direct reflection of how they feel."

*********

WHEN DANNY GOT ALL of the information he needed, he hung up the phone and walked over to Jack.

"Okay, there's a marketplace down the street." Danny explained to him. "I'm meeting with a man with a blue hat. He'll get the stick to our people and get us home."

"Doesn't this entire plan sound strange?" Maeve asked the two of them. "I mean-"

"All we need for you to do is help us get the stick." Danny countered, cutting her off. "It doesn't matter if your on board or not."

"Might I remind you that we were both chosen ringleaders for a reason."

"And you lost that title when you left." Danny snapped back at Maeve, making her clench her fists. She spat back, "And you lost yours when Dylan came into the picture, yet here you barking orders like a dog."

"Can you both stop arguing?" Jack pointed his finger at the both of them. "The reason you two were chosen was because you both worked together perfectly out of all of us. We need those two people right now."

"No, no, no, no." Danny shook his head. "Absolutely not."

Maeve and Jack looked expectantly at him, knowing he would change his mind. Danny clenched his mouth closed, but he knew that Jack was right. None of them will be able to go through with the plan if they didn't have a well-grounded leader.

"Just so you know," Danny glared at Maeve. "I call most of the shots."

Maeve held her hands up in defense. "Fine with me, but I want to be there when the trading goes down to make sure you don't cock-up."

Danny gave her a look. "What does that mean?" She rolled her eyes and let out a breath through her nose, feeling slightly annoyed. "I want to be there to make sure everything goes right."

"Fine." Danny gave her a curt nod. Maeve gave him a tight smile. "Good." She then turned to Jack, who had his let hand behind his back. "Go grab Merritt and we'll figure out what to do from there."

Just as the group dispersed, Danny pointed out something that Jack probably didn't want him to.

"Hey, hey." He called out to him, and pointed to his left hand. "Put your belt on."

Jack's face immediately turned red as he attempted to explain the situation, but all that came out were stutters. "Oh no, it's not-she just, she took it off of me."

Danny raises hands up and walked away as if to say that he didn't believe a word he was saying. Maeve raised her eyebrow and crossed her arms in the process.

"Wh-no, it's not like that-" Jack fumbled with his belt as he continued to try and show Maeve that it was all a big misunderstanding. "Y-you don't....I-I just-it-"

Maeve walked away in the same direction as Danny while Jack shouted after her. "It's not what it looks like!"

*************

Once Jack came back with a surprisingly sober Merritt, the group walked back to the black van and drove to the hotel to start planning.