| 23. greenwich observatory

The gif is supposed to be Jack and Maeve just because :'-).

Enjoy the chapter my lovelies!
~Mia

*********

"never let the things you want make you forget the things you have."

*********

"Are we there yet?" Maeve playfully whined.

Danny whipped his head to the right, glaring at the girl beside him. "I will jump out of this car. I mean it!"

"Babe," Jack reached out and took Maeve's right hand. "We don't want Danny to kill himself." Maeve smiled at the gesture as he placed it in his lap and started playing with her fingers.

"That's your opinion." Lula retorted from the back seat.

"Hey!"

Everyone laughed and continued to joke around inside the silver Land Rover that Merritt was driving. It was only moments now until the horsemen reach their location.

It was most likely about a month or so after the performance in the Thames on New Year's Eve. The Five Horsemen remained in England due to orders from the Eye.

At first, they all stayed with Maeve in her flat until Dylan managed to get flats in a different part of the city under a different name. Each person had their own living space and was able to walk around without getting caught.

Maeve managed to grow out her hair after cutting off the dyed tips. Now, she sported golden and hazel highlights that cascaded down her brown hair like a waterfall. She liked this look so much more than the punk look she once had.

And Maeve kept the nerdy glasses, not just because Jack really liked them.

Living in a rural part of London allowed the horsemen to act like normal citizens. They could go out to cafes, marketplaces, and stores without being bombarded by the police. Of course, they still had to follow precaution to make sure that they didn't get caught.

The best part, Jack could finally take Maeve out on normal dates. The two could finally act like a normal couple rather than a pair who are running from the authorities. They especially liked early coffee dates at a local cafe where they could watch the sunrise. Everything finally seemed to go back to normal.

Better than normal.

Dylan rounded the horsemen up not long ago and told them how the Eye had one last place for them to go. That explains why the best magicians in the world were all crammed inside a small silver car following a GPS that, originally, only spoke Chinese.

Thanks to Maeve's techie genius mind, everyone could finally understand where to go.

The car neared a large metal gate, the words 'Greenwich Observatory' were written at the top in gold lettering. It was already opened and waiting for them to pass through to their final destination.

A red brick building soon came into view not long after. Multiple domes decorated the tops of the observatory with clear windows, allowing for natural sunlight to illuminate the rooms inside. Small patches off green moss grew on the side of the walls. They all connected to form an intricate pattern and added a sense of wisdom and age to the place.