| 15. Minds & Cards

Another night up at midnight as I red your comments lol.

Here is another chapter for you all to read. School gets improve and I'm literally gonna die.

Question: what are your expectations with this book?

~Mia

*********

"you never know how much you love someone until you watch them love someone else."

*********

"I CAN'T BELIEVE WE'RE in London!" Lula squealed.

Everyone had on their disguises as they departed the train. How they managed to leave Macau without being noticed was an unspoken miracle.

Danny shushed the excited girl, making her smile turn into an annoyed frown as she walked in front of him. He scratched annoyingly his scalp under the brown wig, the black fedora occasionally getting in the way. "This better not have lice or so help me." Danny's fake mustache slowly started peeling off as he continued to mumble.

Maeve hugged her trench coat tighter as some rain began to fall in the outdoor train station. She prayed that the light drizzle didn't turn into a flooding downpour.

"Keep your disguises on." Maeve ordered them as she fiddled with her black wig. "And remember to meet up at Minds & Cards on Clerkenwell."

Turning to Li and Bu Bu, she added. "And start setting up everything. You have the locations and plans."

Each person, including Li and Bu Bu, gave Maeve some sort of nod or thumbs up before dispersing. The ring leader hailed a yellow cab and drove off, leaving everyone else to go their own way.

Maeve decided to take a quick detour before going to the shop. She handed the driver a twenty and opened the car door. Getting out, Maeve took in a deep drag breath before opening her eyes.

She trailed them around the familiar set of flats that she had come to know and love. Walking up to the connected apartments, Maeve bent down to pick up a strange-looking rock besides the stairs. The rock had a small prescription bottle glued under it with a small key inside.

Opening it up, Maeve dropped the key onto her hand and unlocked her apartment door. It surprised her that her bags and luggage weren't in the same spot as before.

The old smell of tea filled her nostrils as she walked down the hallway. The flat looked so naked and simple since everything was still packed away in cardboard boxes.

The end of the hallway opened up into the living room, which contained all of her missing luggage bags and moving boxes. They were all neatly stacked against one another, already sealed and ready for transport. Maeve made a mental note to thank Chase for that before she sent him to jail.

Walking over to the boxes, she decided to sit herself down on one and stare out of her window. The small pitter patter from the rain outside brought memories of insomnia at 2 in the morning.

Little raindrops could be seen sliding down the window as the little sunlight outside peeked through the dark clouds. Maeve shut her eyes, listening to the soft sounds of London for a little while longer.