| 20. gun shot wounds

"you were my first love and you will be my last."

*********

EVERYONE REMAINED QUIET as the van made a right turn.

Walter and Chase decided to join the horsemen on the ride to God-knows-where as they were being held captive inside of their van.

Walter and Arthur sat together in the front while Chase stood in the corner and intently observed each horsemen's facial features.

The only thing calming Maeve from lashing out were the soft vibrations of the van as it drove through London. She closed her eyes and took a deep breath, relishing the quiet moment.

"Ah!" Chase took off his sunglasses, ruining the silence. "Okay." He pointed to Lula. "Feeling fear." Then, he pointed to Merritt. "Fear." Motioning to Dylan and Jack, he said. "Anger, anger."

"Oh." Chase's eyes lingered for a moment longer on Danny before announcing. "Full house!"

He looked at Maeve, noticing how she was trying really hard not to blow up. Chase's grin grew at seeing her in this agitated state. "Oh, nope. We got irritation over here-"

"That's enough." This was the first time that Arthur spoke up during the car ride. He gave Chase a menacing look, making him cower back into the corner. "I was done." He mumbled, slightly annoyed.

"So nice to see you all again." Arthur greeted, looking around at all of the horsemen.

He sported his thousand-dollar fur coat and a pair of fancy tailor-made shoes, making the horsemen wonder how he was still able to afford them.

"But since we're such old friends, let's skip the formalities. One of you has something we require, so give it over."

Not one person let out a peep as the handcuffed magicians all exchanged glances. Maeve kept her gaze down and her lips in a tight thin line.

"Nothing at all?" Walter asked, his hands neatly placed in his lap. "Really?"

"Piss off." Maeve spat at them, earning herself a gun to her head. The guard wrapped his cold hand around her neck in attempt to shut her up.

Dylan shot out of his spot in anger to take him out when the other one grabbed him and held him back. He thrashed out again, but settled down once he saw Maeve shake her head in his direction.

Looking back up, the girl cocked her head at the man standing above her. "What are you waiting for?" She leaned in closer, as if she was daring him to pull the trigger.

The guard gave her a cold hard stare before retreating back to his spot next to Danny. Walter held up his finger, shaking it from side to side. "Tsk tsk, Maeve." He said, a smirk playing on his features. "An attitude won't get you far along."

The van screeched to a stop, indicating that the horsemen arrived at the destination. The back doors opened up and everyone was grabbed by each guard as they were pulled off of the vehicle.

Lights flashed everywhere, blinding Arthur and most of the horsemen. Men all around them were setting up for the departure of the private jet less that thirty feet away. The deafening sound of the aircraft made it harder for Maeve to hear anything at all.