| 08. shopping

"and the part of you that knows it was wrong to imprison them in the first place rejoices, but still, the place where you live is that much more drab and empty for their departure."

********

"I AM NOT ONE FOR clothes shopping."

In the midst of everything, Walter allowed the horsemen to go buy new clothes for the heist that they all will soon commit. Of course, he didn't know that he was going to be played and offered to pay for everything.

And who could say no to free stuff?

The girls decided to go off by themselves and have a little 'girls day' without the boys hanging around to distract them. But as policy, Walter's men had to watch them at all times.

Lula and Maeve currently walked aimlessly around the store with around ten guards following them from behind. Everyone obviously had to stop and stare at the two females as they tried to shop.

Maeve picked up a dress that caught her eye. "When you've hung out with Henley for a year, you catch on to her shopaholic nature."

"No kidding." Lula eyed the dress in her hands. Maeve offered it to her, in which she gladly took. Lula saw some nice shoes and showed them to Maeve. She eagerly took them and went to try them on.

They continued to do this and search the store for things to wear. The girls managed to find thousands of dresses and other things that they rather enjoyed. Lula even found a fluffy fur coat to drape over her dress.

The annoying part was how Walter positioned each of his men inside and outside the mall as well. Every corner the girls turned, there was a suspicious man pretending horribly that he was looking at clothes. It must be protocol.

"You would think by now, Walter would know that we knew what his men looked like." Lula mumbled as the girls left the store. Ten new faces left the store as well in their disguises and continued to follow the girls back to the car.

Maeve just shrugged, heaving multiple bags of clothing items around the streets of Macau. They walked to the car that Chase drove with them in and dumped everything in the back seat.

An idea popped into Maeve's head and she turned to Lula. Unfortunately she was preoccupied with trying to figure out if she wanted to wear her new sunglasses right now. Maeve watched for five minutes as Lula would put them on or take them off every ten seconds.

Finally, Lula finally felt someone's gaze and turned to see Maeve giving her a sly grin. "What?"

Holding up her hand, Maeve spread her fingers apart and motioned to her nails. "Mani-pedi?"

Lula immediately turned into the Cheshire Cat, her smile reaching from ear to ear.

"Why not?"

*******************

"This feels so good." Lula moaned as the lady massaged her foot. Maeve nodded in agreement as she attempted to fix the messy bun on top of her head.

"Quick question." Lula slightly slurred, still in a daze from how amazing the foot massage felt. "Do you still love him?"