Chapter Four

He took a deep breath.

"I don't have any."

I was confused. "What do you mean you don't have any?" He was only seventeen. If he really didn't have parents, he wouldn't be able to own a house.

"They died when I was little. I've been living with my aunt for the past twelve years, but she passed away last month."

"I'm sorry." I didn't know what else to say. It was tragic, but I still wanted to know how managed to buy a house.

"You're probably wondering why I live here now." It's like he read my mind.

"Well, yeah. Wait, you are seventeen right?" I just wanted to make sure he wasn't in his twenties or something like that.

He laughed. "Yes, I'm only seventeen don't worry. I had to lie and say I was twenty though. I had no family members left and I didn't want to move into a foster home for a year."

"I understand. But don't you think you'll get lonely? Living here all by yourself?" I felt bad for him. The house must be so quiet with him being the only person in it.

"Not if I have you." He reached out and took my hand. I almost jumped at his touch. I was not expecting this answer. I turned my head to look at him. Though neither of us could see eachother, my face flushed anyways. I must have leaned in at the same time he did because soon our lips were touching. He tasted just as sweet as the first time. I felt more confident now that I knew how to do it right. I felt his hand gently caress the side of my face. I slowly reached up and twisted the ends of his hair in my fingers as the kiss continued. He deepened it and turned his body to face me. I did the same and we soon had our arms wrapped around each other.

His hands were so warm as his fingers ran up and down my arms, tracing little paths on my skin. I shivered, but not because I was cold. In fact, I was sweating. I chalked it up to being in the heat of the moment, but it was getting worse. My fingers starting aching, as well as my toes.

Oh my god. I was beginning to change. Right when I was finally starting to get somewhere with Patrick. I didn't want to stop, but I knew had to before things went to far. What if this was the time when I completed my transformation? I didn't want to lose control and hurt Patrick.

I pulled back but he followed. I put my hands up and placed them on his shoulders.

"Patrick, we have to stop. Someting's happening to me." I left out the last little detail, hoping he would understand a little.

Instead, he giggled. "Yeah me too."

"OH MY GOD NOT LIKE THAT." I couldn't help but laugh at the way he took what I said. I could tell he was instantly embarrassed.

"OH. Sorry..." he let out a small laugh. "Are you okay?"

"Not exactly." I pressed my hands to my cheeks hoping to cool me off.

I heard the bed creak as Patrick got up and turned the lights on. When my eyes finally adjusted, I took a good look at Patrick. His face was red and a bit sweaty, and his hair was sticking up in places. He looked even cuter this way. I smoothed down my hair and blew out a breath.

"Can I use your bathroom?" It was so embarrassing having to ask.

"Sure, are you feeling sick again? Is it me?" His eyebrows wrinkled together in the center.

"No! Patrick, you're amazing, really. And I feel fine, it's just...something else." I looked away and picked at my fingernails, something I did when I was nervous. I hoped he wouldn't ask too many questions.

"Bree, you know you can tell me anything." He came and sat next to me. He put his hand on mine.

"I know, and I trust you. I just don't want to ruin things between us."

"Nothing could ever ruin what I think of you." I gave a weak smile. All of a sudden, my fingers started cracking. The bones in my feet popped as I felt them shifting. I panicked.

"I really need to go." I got up and ran into the nearest bathroom, locking the door behind me.

"Bree, wait!" Patrick jumped up and was right behind me.

"Just give me a sec, okay?" I splashed cold water on my face. Sitting on the ground, I attempted to push down every symptom that threatened to come up. No use. I felt the fur on my back and neck start to grow. I kept my clothes on this time, just in case Patrick came in. The fangs grew in making my mouth hang open. I looked up into the mirror and saw my eyes turn yellow. My face got harrier than it usually did. I was scared of this change, more than any of the others. I groaned as I got down on my hands and knees. My fingers changed right before my eyes, and my nails turned into long claws. I winced and squeezed my eyes shut.

Patrick must have heard me because he knocked on the door. "Are you alright in there?" The pain was overwhelming. I couldn't answer. "I'm coming in!" I heard the door knob jiggle. I assumed he was trying to pick the lock, or he had a key.

"No!" I screamed. But it was too late. The door flung open. Patrick stood in the doorway. His mouth hung open, and the key dropped from his hands. I used all the strength I had and forced the change to stop, I felt all the pressure leave my joints as my hands ad feet returned to normal. The extra hair was gone, and the fangs retreated back into my mouth. Once I knew that my eyes had returned to a normal color, I shakily stood up, leaning against the sink for support.

"B-Bree?" Patrick was shaking.

"P-please...let me...explain." I could barely talk. Not only was I extremely weak, but I was also sobbing. I never meant for him to see me like this. I knew this would probably ruin everything we had.

"I think you should leave." He looked hurt, and scared. I felt horrible. He handed my my bag and I slowly reached out and took it. I wanted to touch him, to show him it was okay.

"Patrick, please." He backed away from me.

"No. Y-you're a...a maniac!" He yelled at me. His words stung. I hung my head and walked past him, not even bothering to look back. As I walked back to his house, I thought about what he had said. The more I thought about it, the more I started to believe it. I was a maniac.

Hey guys! I hope you're enjoying the story. I'll be updating with a new chapter everyday, unless I'm super busy. Please vote and comment if you want to. Thanks for reading :)