Chapter Fourteen

Patrick and I had woken up around the same time. His arms were around me, my back touching his stomach. He pulled back my hair and kissed the sensitive spot under my ear.

"Goodmorning." He said sleepily. That voice never failed to make me smile. 

"Goodmorning." I rubbed the sleep from my eyes and rolled over.

I smelled bacon sizzling downstairs. I knew my mother would have breakfast ready, and we probably shouldn't keep her waiting long. I reluctantly pulled the sheets back and laid on my back for a few minutes before sitting on the edge.

"Can I lay in your bed all day?" Patrick yawned. I turned around and smiled, laying back down across from him. I propped my chin up on my elbows and kicked my ankles in the air.

"Ha. I wish." He rubbed his eyes and slipped his glasses on. His hair was a bit messy and falling over his eyes, making him look extra adorable.

He slowly got up too, and then started pulling on his jeans. I waited for him to finish getting dressed.

"I'm gonna use the bathroom real quick." Meaning he was going to let me change in peace. I nodded and closed the door behind him, quickly pulling on my clothes. The calendar on the wall caught my eye, making me remember that I only had about a week until my birthday. The days are going by faster and faster.

I stepped out of my room and walked down the dtairs, knowing Patrick would find me when he was done. My mom had just begun to dish out plates of eggs, bacon, and jellied toast. I filled three glasses with orange juice and brought them to the table. I wasn't sure if my mom had checked in on us again later that night, but if she did, she didn't say anything. And if she had, then I was thankful for the decent amount of cover the darkness had given us.

Patrick appeared at the top of the stairs and made his way down.

"Goodmorning, Patrick!" My mom said cheerfully. She didn't even say that to me, but I wasn't bothered by it. I was glad she liked him this much.

"Goodmorning! Thank you for letting me stay here last night. And I really appreciate the breakfast." Sometimes I wasn't sure if he just said these things to make my parents happy, or if he really was this sweet. I decided he was extremely sweet.

"A gentleman at age seventeen. Unheard of!" My mom chuckled. Ok, now she was becoming slightly embarrassing. But he just smiled and even pulled out the chair for her, before taking his seat next to me.

"Dig in!" My mom said, taking a forkful of scrambled eggs, sprinkled with diced ham and cheese. We ate our breakfast in silence, for the most part. Small talk made the meal go by faster, so that's we did. When we were finished, Patrick and I said thank you before offering to help with dishes. I wanted her to like him (and our whole relationship) as much as possible. She waved us off and denied our help, so we headed back up to my room to make plans for the next couple days leading up to my birthday.

Patrick suggested throwing a small party, but I shut down that idea immediately. 

"It would be an excellent idea, if I weren't about to change into a freaking wolf half way through." Saying it out loud made it seem ten times more serious. The stress began to build up instantly, and I had to sit down at the edge of my bed. Patrick sat down next to me with a concerned look on his face. His warm hands rubbed my back as all my emotions escaped from where I had been keeping them locked up.

"What if something happens?" I said, almost tearing up. "Patrick, I'm scared." He pulled my head into his chest and wrapped his arms around me. 

"I know you're scared, but you have to be brave. We don't have to have a party, but I'm not leaving you here alone. I'll stay with you the whole time." I grabbed his shirt in my hands and closed my eyes against his chest, pulling him closer to me, inhaling his scent.

"You smell really good." I didn't really mean to say it, but it kind of just flew out. My cheeks turned red with embarrassment. He chuckled.

"Thanks, it's a new cologne. I thought you would like it." He didn't understand. I wasn't even sure I did.

"No, I don't think that's it. Patrick, you smell good. Like werewolf stuff good." I was mortified at how this was coming across. I hated it, but it was true. I was becoming attracted to his scent. It scared me that I wasn't sure if it was love-related, or food-related.

He went completely still. I pulled away and looked into his eyes. I could sense confusion, and something else I wasn't quite sure about. I just hoped it wasn't fear.

"Oh. I see." I was making this an awkward encounter, and my brain panicked, looking for ways to fix it.

"M-maybe it's just because you're my alpha. Remember? I read that omegas feel a certain love, or strong pull. Maybe this is it?" I wanted him to believe this explanation, almost as much as I wanted myself to.

"Yeah, it's probably just that." I could tell he was a bit uncomfortable, and that crushed me. Why did I have to open my mouth? I probably just ruined his whole day by telling him he smelled like food to me. How romantic.

I pulled out of his hug and sat back on my bed, looking at the ground.

"I'm sorry, I didn't exactly mean for it to come out like that." I put my face in my hands and willed myself not to cry. I hated myself for saying that to him and I wished I could take it all back. "Ugh. I'm disgusting." I kept my face covered and turned away from him, so he wouldn't see me cry. I also hated how I was so sensitive.

He jumped up and pulled my arm down, exposing my watery eyes. I looked at him as he knelt in front of me, worry making his face look much older than it was. 

"You are not disgusting. Look at me." He held my chin lightly in his hand, tilting my head up to look at him. He let it go and place his hands on my hips. "And it's totally okay. I know you can't help these...urges." He looked away and cleared his throat.

"Ew. Don't say it like that!" I swatted his elbow as a laugh slipped out. I sniffed and wiped my eyes with my sweater sleeve. He looked back at me and took my hands in his. 

"I don't exactly know what to call them. But I know one thing for sure." He leaned forward and kissed me once. "I love you no matter what." A small laugh escaped my lips as I wiped another tear from my eye. 

"I love you too." I held out my arms and he hugged me, gently lifting me up so I was back on my feet. I laid my head on his chest and steadied my breathing.

"Patrick, will you..." I thought about if I should say it or not. "will you stay here with me? While I change?" I know it was a big question to ask, but I would feel safer if he was here with me. I remembered how I must've looked when he walked in on me the first time. Probably not the cutest. I looked up at him as he thought about it. I wondered if he was scared, or just didn't want to watch a fellow human go through that kind of twisted transformation- again. I started to think about more reasons why he might say no, when he finally answered.

"Yes. Of course I'll stay with you." I have to admit I was a little bit surprised. I pulled out of his arms and widened my eyes, raising my eyebrows.

"Wait, really?" He nodded. I took his face in my hands and kissed him. All my worries melted away. Not completely, just to the back of my mind where they would stay until the day finally arrived. 

"I wouldn't miss it for the world." With his face inches from mine, I couldn't help but gaze into his eyes. They reminded me of the sea on a stormy day. Bluish green, with a hint of grey. They were the most unique and interesting color I had ever seen. I vowed right then and there that the next time someone asked me what my favorite color was, I would answer only with "Patrick's eyes". Because besides his smile, they were the most beautiful thing I've ever seen. And deep down inside, I knew that his kind and gentle nature and wonderful personality was the prettiest thing of all. 

--------Real talk, Patrick's eyes are gorgeous am I right?? And they're always changing color I swear, but I just made them what I most often see which is a light bluish green. Please tell me if you have any other ways to describe them, I might add something about it later. The more detail, the better! ALSO, vote on this chapter if you caught the ~sick FOB reference~ at the beginning haha. If you don't, then I'll just assume you're lame af and don't know the song. Jk lol, I love my readers so much! But it would be totally rad if you voted ;)