Chapter Eleven

The walk to Patrick's house didn't take very long. I arrived on his door step and knocked once. My heart skipped a beat when he appeared in only a towel wrapped around his waist. His smile faded slightly when he noticed the expression on my face. 

"What's wrong?" I motioned my eyes down and quickly looked back up. He glanced down and slide behind the door. "Sorry, I just got out of the shower." he blushed. I laughed as he held out his arm, inviting me inside. "Uh, wait here while I go change." I averted my eyes as he sped past me down the stairs. A minute later he appeared at the bottom of the steps and motioned me down. I soon joined him in his room.

"So what's up?" Instead of answering properly, I kissed him quickly. He was a bit surprised at first. "What was that for?" He smiled slightly.

"The song, silly." I punched his arm playfully. 

"Oh yeah, that old thing." He pretended to roll his eyes and swatted the air in front of him.

"Patrick! It was amazing stop it." I nudged his shoulder with mine. 

"You actually liked it?" His tone grew more serious. 

"Of course!" He smiled and looked towards the ground. 

"I've never showed anyone my songs before." He kicked the carpet back and forth with his toes.

"Well then I'm honored." Then I realized he had said 'songs'. "Wait, there's more? You have more songs?!" His head shot up and his eyes grew a little wider. 

"No, no. NO." He waved his hands in front of him as if he was trying to clear away my question.

"Liar." I knew he was hiding something. If he had more songs, I wanted to hear them! I hoped he could trust me enough to let me listen.

He sighed. "Fine. I'll show you the lyrics but on one condition." He held up his index finger and looked me in the eyes. I nodded my head and tried to hide my excitement. "You can't ask me to sing them." 

I threw my hands down in my lap. "Aw, why not?" I was looking forward to hearing his voice again. I mentally reminded myself to save that video later before it disappeared in our chat.

"Because I won't. I just... don't want to." His cheeks turned a little red as his eyes wouldn't meet mine. They seemed to look anywhere but me.

"Patrick, are you...embarrassed? You know you have a beautiful voice!" 

"You really think so?" He lifted his head and finally met my eyes. 

"I know so." I smiled and touched his cheek with my hand. He leaned forward and kissed me softly. All of a sudden, my phone rang, completely ruining the moment. I pulled it out of my pocket and groaned. It was my mom. I stood up and walked into the corner of the room, facing the wall while I answered.

"Hello?" I asked, irritation showing in my voice.

"I just wanted to know if you'll be home for dinner. Your father has a late night at work." I thought about it for a second and then remembered that Patrick didn't have parents that would be able to cook for him. He probably lived off of microwave dinners and ramen.

"Actually I think I'll eat with Patrick." The other line was silent for a few seconds. 

"So I'll be eating alone then?" I instantly felt guilty. When I didn't answer she said, "M-maybe Patrick can eat with us?" I blew out a sigh of relief. 

"Yeah, sounds good. We'll see you in a few hours." I smiled and hung up, sliding my phone back into my pocket. I was just about to turn around when I felt Patrick's arms wrap around my waist from behind, making me jump a little. He hugged me tight, swaying a bit. I closed my eyes and leaned against his chest, placing my hands on top of his. He quietly hummed near my ear, some random tune I had never heard before. It was nice.

He spun me around and grabbed my right hand, placing my left on his shoulder. He held on to my hip with his other hand as we gracefully danced around his room. It was impossible to hide my smile. Soon, both of us were laughing. He spun me around and around, then dipping me backwards. When he brought me back up, our faces were inches apart. My face was flushed red from both the laughing and the dancing. The only sound was our breathing as we stared into each other's eyes. 

His lips smashed into mine, sending sparks throughout my entire body. It was crazy how his kisses still managed to do this to me. He walked back and pushed me against the wall, pinning my arms up. His fingers laced into mine as he held my arms down, still kissing me.

We were both breathing heavy as our kisses got harder and deeper. His lips moved to my cheek, then to my jawline, slowly moving their way to my neck. He let go of my hands and fingered the hem of my shirt, itching to pull it off. And I wanted him to. I wanted it so bad. But I just couldn't. I knew if we went any further, we wouldn't be able to stop. Which was fine under normal circumstances, but my mom was already suspicious enough. I couldn't be late to dinner.

I broke away from kiss and steadied his hands at my sides. "Patrick," I could tell he didn't want to end it either. "we need to stop." He closed his eyes and sighed.

"You know we've done this before right?" He leaned his for head against mine. I thought back to the first time I ever spent the night at his house. I had jumped out my window with a tupperware filled with spaghetti.

"Yes, but its not that." I ran my fingers down his chest before grabbing his hands.

"Then what is it?" He was talking in a deeper and quieter voice to me on purpose. He knew I enjoyed that voice, very much actually.

"My mom may have invited you over for dinner." I shrugged and met his eyes, giving him a slight smile. The corners of his lips twitched in an attempt to hold in a grin.

"We have hours!" His eyes pleaded with me.

"I know, and I want to so badly, but we have to slow down, just for today, okay?" He stuck out his bottom lip and gave me his best "sad puppy" look. Pretty sure I died inside.

"Besides, do you really wanna show up looking all wild and crazy? She's already suspicious enough!" I wrapped my arms around his neck and laced my fingers together. I had a point.

I could almost see him thinking. "Fine. We'll take a rain check, for now." His eyes sparkled as he smirked.

I raised one eyebrow. We both broke out in laughter, forgetting the passionate moments that occurred only minutes before.