Chapter Five

I spent the next few days laying in bed. I have never considered myself depressed, but then again, I've never been called a maniac either. My parents became worried and offered to take me to a doctor. I told them I knew exactly what was wrong, I just didn't have the energy to fix it.

Patrick hasn't talked to me since the day he found me mid-change. I should've known it was a bad idea to go over there. I tried to push away any feelings I had for him, knowing that it would never last. Our relationship was over.

But I still felt thus strong pull towards him, like I needed to be near him. I was positive he didn't feel the same about me. I've been thinking about my most recent change. The one in Patrick's bathroom. That's right, I haven't changed in a few days either. I think it's because I was able to stop it last time.

I grabbed my phone off the nightstand next to me and opened Google chrome. Hoping to find some quality info, I typed in "everything to know about werewolves". Since most people thought they didn't exist, I didn't expect much. But the first website that came up actually looked pretty hardcore.

After an hour of reading I picked up a few pieces of information that might help me. When a werewolf meets their mate, they can never be separated. It's basically love at first sight. The omega female will always feel a strong pull towards the alpha male. Nothing can break their love.

I clicked my phone off and rubbed my eyes. I processed the last piece of information I just read. A strong pull? Basically what I was feeling towards Patrick right now. I started to cry.

I missed him so much. This explained everything. He was my alpha, and I was his omega. A sudden idea popped into my head. I unlocked my phone again and took a screenshot of the web page. Cropping the paragraph about the alphas and omegas, I sent it to Patrick. Hoping he would see that I loved him, and that I couldn't help what I was.

I wanted something short and thoughtful to say, but nothing came to me. I quickly read over the paragraph, making sure it had all the right information. Then I got it.

I typed the words, "You're my alpha dog." And clicked send.

A few minutes later, he responded. I braced myself for what he would say. I opened his message and put my hand over my mouth. The tears started falling again as I reread those same four words over and over again.

"And you're my omegalomaniac."

My door swung open and Patrick ran to my side. I sat up and hugged him tightly. He turned his face and started kissing me, rubbing away the streams of tears on my cheeks.

"I love you, Bree." He said between kisses.

I choked out a half laugh, half sob. "I love you too."

He crawled into bed next to me. Wrapping his arms around me, he pulled me closer to his body than I've ever been. I laid my head on his chest and closed my eyes. I felt him rest his chin on the top of my head and stroke my hair.

"Shhhh." He said softly, trying to calm me down. I stopped crying, but there was still an occasional sniffle every once in a while.

All of a sudden, he started singing. I instantly recognized it as I Can't Help Falling In Love With You, one of my favorite covers by Twenty One Pilots. My heart melted at the sound of his voice, and the message behind it. It was beautiful. He somehow made it sound even better than Tyler Joseph which was nearly impossible.

I looked up and kissed him softly before falling asleep in his arms, finally happy once again.

-------Sorry its kind of short but oh my god its just too cute I didn't want to ruin the moment. I'm crying at the thought of Patrick singing this to her like ugh. Anyways I'm so happy that Patrick came through (even though I'm the one writing it lol). The ideas just come as I go so who knows what will happen next?? ;)