Chapter Nine

I spent the next few hours researching. After clicking about thirty links and flipping through multiple websites, I was surprised at how little I found.

I had to admit that the lack of information was somewhat disappointing. But then again, most of the world thought werewolves didn't exist. If only they'd met me.

I thought about how Patrick was taking all this. A lot better than I'd expected, that's for sure. I was so happy to have someone like him in my life. Someone I could trust with anything.

You think you have the best boyfriend in the world just because he says he loves your imperfections? Try again, because I'm a freaking werewolf. It doesn't get any more imperfect than that. Yet Patrick's been extremely supportive of it.

I felt those infamous butterflies in my stomach again as I thought of Patrick. I was getting bored here without him. I whipped out my phone and sent him a text. He responded a few minutes later, saying he wanted to take me out tonight.

For dinner? I asked.

"No. Just...out. I'll pick you up at 8." Was his reply.

I smiled, finding it funny that he tried to be mysterious. I checked the time, eager to meet Patrick as soon as possible. It was only 3:00. I sighed and turned on Netflix, hoping I could remain focused long enough for a few hours to pass until dinner time.

It was an awkward dinner. My parents didn't say anything, and neither did I. We quietly sat at the table chewing on pork chops and mashed potatoes. I thought back to this mornings events, and decided I should bring up tonight. Maybe they wouldn't get mad if I asked first.

"Can I go out with Patrick tonight?" I took a sip of my milk and attempted to read my parents' faces. They shared a look.

"Please? I promise I'll be home by midnight." I begged then with my eyes and stuck out my bottom lip just a tiny bit.

"Eleven." My mom requested.

But I kept pushing. "Eleven-thirty."

"Fine." I wiggled in my seat and hid my smile. Clearing up the dishes as fast as possible, I ran up to my room to change. My normal outfit wasn't going to cut it. I could tell tonight was going to be special.

I dug through my closet, hoping to find something at least somewhat decent. Hanging in the very back was a simple black shirt I had almost forgot about. It happened to be dressy, yet casual at the same time. Perfect. I also found a nice pair of darker jeans, ones that weren't extremely worn down from constant wear.

I threw on some black flats and brushed my hair, flipping it over my shoulder. I never wore much makeup, but I decided to go a little farther today, just for Patrick. Once I'd made myself look slightly more presentable, I grabbed my purse and jogged down the stairs.

"You look fancy." My dad raised his eyebrow as I walked past.

I turned my head over my shoulder and smirked, not saying anything. It was all about the element of surprise. I waved goodbye and walked out the door.

Patrick's car was already in the driveway, and he was standing outside near the passenger door. I stopped on the front steps as we both took a good look at each other.

He was wearing a black leather jacket with a black T-shirt underneath. His dark jeans fell over the laces of his black sneakers. The light reflected from his glasses in the most perfect way, making it look like the stars were in his eyes. My eyes drifted to the top of his head, where a black fedora sat. I swear he as the only person on earth that could make a fedora look that good.

My heart skipped a beat as he walked towards me and took my hand. He brought it up to his lips and brushed them softly across my knuckles.

"You look beautiful." He was such a gentleman.

I smiled as he led me to the car, opening the door for me. I slid in and watched as he passed in front of the headlights and sat down in the drivers seat.

"Where to?" I was both nervous and excited at the same time.

"You'll see." He turned to me and winked. The corners of my mouth lifted as we drove off into the night.

We enjoyed the ten minute ride in silence. I looked out the window and watched the city lights dance, reflecting on the water of the lake that separated us.

The car pulled into a secluded path, surrounded by trees and brush. He parked the car in a small opening and looked at me.

"This is it." I was confused at first, until he instructed me to get out. He popped the trunk and pulled out a soft blanket. He then nodded towards another path. "Come on, its right over here."

For all the years I've lived in this town, I've never been to this place. I had no idea what would would be here, or what he was planning. I followed him down the path, not knowing what to expect.

The woods soon opened up into another clearing, this time, leading to the lake. There were no lights or cars to bug us here. The only sound was the wind rustling through the trees. He grabbed my hand and pulled me to a spot in the middle of the clearing, where the sky was unobstructed by trees.

I stared in awe at my surroundings.

"I know its a bit cliché but, its peaceful." He shrugged and smiled. I turned to him and kissed his cheek.

"Its romantic. Thank you." He let go of my hand and laid out the blanket.

"Here." We laid down next to each other. He took off his hat and set it aside, wrapping his hands behind his head like a pillow. I stayed with my hands across mg hands folded on my stomach in a comfortable position.

We stared at the stars for the longest time. The way the moon reflected off the clear water was captivating, and I found it hard to pull my gaze from it. Patrick slowly wrapped his pinkie around mine, and then grabbed my whole hand, bringing me back down to Earth. I turned my head at him, and he stared back at me.

The only light here was the moon, but I could still he is adorable face. I reached out an touched it softly, tracing his jawline with my finger. He closed his eyes. When he reopened them again, I was inches away from his face, gazing into them. Even into he dark, their gorgeous color stood out to me. He pulled me into a soft kiss, teasing me with his lips. We pulled away and he tucked a piece of hair behind my ear, stopping his hand to cup my cheek. I closed my eyes and leaned into it.

"I love you." He whispered.

I kissed his wrist gently, knowing it was a sensitive spot. "I love you more." He pulled me into his arms. We laid there together for another ten minutes before he said we should probably start heading back, in order not to make my parents mad, again. I protested and snuggled farther into his chest, breathing in his familiar scent.

"Just a few more minutes." I replied sleepily.

He gently patted my back. "I don't want your parents to hate me any more than they already do." I ground and rolled onto my back, allowing him to stand up. He stood above me and reached out his arms, helping me up. I yawned and watched as he quickly folded up the blanket. We began our walk back to the car, with me leaning my head on Patrick's shoulder. He wrapped his arm around my waist and kissed the top of my head.

The drive back was quiet. which was just fine. Our love for each other spoke more than words could. When we got back to my house, Patrick walked me to the front steps. I wrapped my arms around his waist, hugging him tightly. It was so comforting to be in his arms, I never wanted to let go.

We eventually said our goodbyes, and as he walked back to his car, I stepped into my house. The time on the stove said 11:26. We were four minutes early. My parents would be happy about that. I walked up the stairs, with very little energy left. Laying in silence was so soothing, it made me extremely tired. I slipped into pajamas and crawled into bed, reliving  tonight in my head. I didn't get very far before I fell asleep, my dreams being taken over by thoughts of Patrick.