Chapter 4

Text files:

text: from Chris

wanna meet at the mall?

text : from yn

yyeah okay ..

"Your gonna spend the day with your cousin right ?" dad asked. "Keisha said she wants to go to the mall so I'll chill with her. " I said paying attention to my phone and hardly looking at dad . He nodded his head in approval . " Dad , what are you doing today ? maybe .. we could chill or nahh if your busy " he looked up , it was the first time I actually looked up at him in a while. he looked diffrent from when mom was alive , he didnt smile as much anymore , he just looked someone beat him up & who could hardly recover .

"yeah , we could do something. " He said. "With , Keisha and her dad ." he added . I smiled , I didnt even wanna hang out with Chris I needed some dad time .

Authors Note: She blew off Chris , and spent the day with her dad , and kiesha and her uncle , shopping , movies , beach fun stuff.

- School -

" So , what did you do over the weekend ?" Mya asked me . I shrugged " Mall , I actually spent some time with my dad ." Nia she smiled at me . " took you guys long enough to chill out . "

" Girl I'm just glad we didn't feel awkward around each other for onc-" I was stopped mid sentence when I heard some yell my name . " YN! " Nia was looking behind me like she saw a ghost.

"What? " I turned around and saw Chris storming towards her . "Why didnt you call me back ! "

"Chris I was busy ."

"Tf .? When I call you , you best believe your gonna answer .!"

I turned around and noticed that everyone was staring at me . I probably looked like an idiot , I walked away but Chris pulled me back .

"Where the hell are you going .?"

"let go of me ," I said , pulling my arm away . & of course Jaron came walking toward us ugh . "Listem , Don't grab my arm , im not your bitch , we hardly even talk , I was busy and thats it , why you trippin for ? "

I turned around and went to my locker I heard Jarom making a big fuss with Chris & I didn't even look back I just needed to get away from them & all of that attention.

Nia & Mya  ran behind me . " Shidd , are you okay?"

"im fine , hes whatever .. "

I almost wanted to burst into tears . I really was stupid for messing with a thug , I new better , I new what would happen and still I let everything get in my head . "Damn , you should beat his ass for grabbing you like that ." Nia said trying to make me laugh.

"I wish I did. I never want to talk to him again , I cant believe he embarrassed me like that , I look like a bitch out there. " I said , closing my locker & walking into the crowded hallways to lunch . " On top of that Jarons gonna beat my ass when I get home." we all laughed .

"What if he trys to talk to you again . I bet , he was just mad & he didnt really mean it . " Mya told me , " Jaron just needs to chill I get he's over protective over you but still your not a baby ."

" Can we just drop this please I'm hungry ass hell ." I said walking into the lunch room .

______________________________________________

COMMENT & VOTE