Chapter 10

Shawn's POV:
I looked at her and at first I thought that she was joking, but she was way to serious for that.

"But he hurt you and you were so sad?" I looked at her thoughtfully, "And how do you know that he won't hurt you again?" I asked and was really curious about what she would answer.

"I love him and I guess I have to trust him."

"I'm sorry Victoria but I can't believe how naive you are right now, I always thought of you as a smart person." I placed my hand on my forehead while being frustrated.

"Woah, Shawn, this is my relationship and not yours." She said and looked offended.

"But, you deserve someone so much better..." I said almost whispering.

"Yeah, but I'm not the girl that guys fall in love with." She looked down at the ground.

In that moment I guess I should have told her that I loved her, but I was afraid. I wasn't afraid of loving her because I already did. I was afraid of risking our friendship and then fail. It may sound crazy but we have been friends for way to long and I was afraid to risk something that could come in between us, so I accepted the fact that we two were only meant to be friends. I am honored to be her friend but still devastated about the fact that it's the only thing that we can ever be.

***
I drove to Starbucks with my Jeep Wrangler and met Kylie, we were working together on a school project and decided to meet there. We ordered our coffee and sat us down. We started our computers and continued with our project.

"Have you talked to Victoria lately? She have been looking a bit down these last days." She asked while typing on her computer.

"Yeah but she's apparently fine now." I said annoyed.

"What do you mean?" She asked curiously.

"She had a fight with Noel and of course she have already forgiven him."

She shook her head and sighted. "I don't know what it was about this time but I'm not surprised." She then looked at the door of the cafeteria and I could hear someone entering. "Speaking of the devil..." She said.

I looked behind me and saw Noel entering. He saw me looking at him and walked towards me.

"What do you want Mendes? Never seen a human before?" He asked with a threatening look on his face.

"No, I was just looking at what Victoria sees in you because I can't really see anything." I thought for myself, but then realized that I actually said it and instantly regretted it.

Surprisingly he just walked off though. I felt relieved because I didn't really want to fight him even though he probably would deserve a slap on his face. Instead I just mumbled, "I really do hope that karma slaps him before I do."

Kylie looked at me with a weird look on her face and smiled. "What?" I asked confused.

"You love her don't you?"

I guess that it was way more obvious that I though so I didn't even try to deny it. "Yeah I do, but she's with Noel right?"

"You should tell her." She said without hesitating.

"But what if she doesn't feel the same way? I don't want to risk our friendship." I said still being afraid of that thought.

"Shawn, if you don't tell her now she's going to stay with Noel and then he will probably continue to treat her like crap. She'll find someone else who will treat her right and that guy will tell her all the things that she wanted to hear from you, you will be looking back at this exact moment and hate yourself for being a coward. So go and pull your damn self together and tell her."