Chapter 18

Victoria's POV:
I woke up this morning lying next to Shawn and having his arm still wrapped around my waist felt so good. It's crazy because I don't even know when he became this important to me or when I started to love him as more than a friend. Maybe that's because I've always loved him but never admitted it until now.

I kissed him on his forehead and made my way to my bathroom to take a quick shower. When I was done with cleaning my body I wrapped my towel around my body and headed back to my room.

"I'm not a morning person but if I get to wake up and see you looking this fine I might become one." Shawn said with his morning voice and giggled.

"Oh stop it Mendes." I laughed and threw a pillow at him.

"What? It's not even a compliment that you are beautiful, it's more of a fact."

"Well okay Romeo, I think you should probably start to get out of bed, we actually have to go to school today." He rolled his eyes but decided to get up.

***
Shawn's POV:
I walked down the school hallway and noticed Noel. I immediately started to think about that night when I FaceTimed Victoria and when she told me about how he attacked her. I was just so angry about how easy it still was for him to control her. I knew she still was afraid of him and he definitely knew it too and took advantage of it.

"Isn't it enough?" I walked up to him standing beside his locker. He looked at me like I was crazy.

"I just don't understand, and never will understand. How can you be able to continue to treat her so bad and being able to live with yourself? I hope it haunts you at night, how much damage you caused her. You have ruined her several times, and then moved on with your life as if nothing had happened. How do you like yourself?"

"Oh please don't play the innocent one, you will probably hurt her just like I did." He rolled his eyes.

"What are you talking about?" I asked confused.

"I know about you and the music thing, you will probably leave her after high school for your music and she'll be left alone." He pointed out. "You're maybe here now but soon you both will go into different paths."

Normally I wouldn't listen to him but this, I have thought about myself as well. We already got a taste of this long distance relationship when I was in LA and honestly, it wasn't easy. Graduation is not even that far away...

"You don't know a thing about us Noel." I responded more confident about it than I actually was. "And I swear to god to you if you ever touch her again, you will regret it." I warned him and meant it a hundred percent.

***
I was in my room and played on my guitar and strummed a few notes that started to turn into a song.

"I promise that one day I'll be around I'll keep you safe I'll keep you sound.
Right now it's pretty crazy and I don't know how to stop it slow it down.
Hey, I know there are some things we need to talk about, and I can't stay..."

With every word I sang I felt better, it was like therapy and I felt like I was being possessed. Every feeling I had in myself I had to make into something.

"Hey." I heard Victoria say as she peeked trough my half opened door. "Are you writing something?" She looked at my guitar and sat her down on my bed.

"Maybe." I answered her.

"Can I hear?" She said excited.

"Yeah, but not now." I answered because I didn't really want to discuss our future right now which would probably lead to if I sang the song for her. Just trying to keep it as simple as possible until graduation is what I want and what will be the best for us.

"Why is that? I'd love to hear what you have came up with." She looked at me.

"Because now we are going to cuddle and kiss a little." I smiled at her and wrapped my arms around her.