Year 4: You're Cute

**yay chapter three! I just feel like this is what I wished happened. I'm so into cheesy and forbidden romance it's ridiculous lol. Enjoy!

~*~

I sat in potions with Neville working on our project some more. We had been at it for about 2 weeks now and we were already almost finished. We had till our holiday break to complete the work but Neville and I worked well together. "Hey, I had a favor to ask you." Neville said breaking my concentration away from my book. "What is it?" I asked with a smile. "Would you mind helping me find some ingredients to make gillyweed?" His question made me look at him with a confused brow raised. He laughed and shook his head. "What do you need gillyweed for?" I asked letting my curiosity get the better of me. "I want to give it to Harry to use for the next task." A small, shy smile spread across his face as he looked down at his book. "I realize that you probably don't want to help him seeing as your boyfriend hates him." Neville said with, what was that, guilt? No, remorse? Jealousy? I looked up to meet his eyes and smiled. "I'd love to help just don't tell Draco what it's for." I whispered making him smile again and even bigger this time.

After all of our classes were over I met up with Neville outside one of the entrances to the castle. "Ok I'm ready to go." I said as I put my bag strap around my shoulder. "This way" he smiled and started walking away from the school. I followed him trying not to think about what a nice ass he had. I never noticed until now. We started talking about ourselves. Our likes and dislikes. Our families. Our favorite books and quiet places. I haven't had such a pleasant conversation in a long time. We seemed to get along really well and he thought I was pretty funny so that's a score.

"What's your family like?" He asked as we bent to search the vegetation. "Well, I'm sure you've heard of them." I said trying to avoid the subject. "Yea I've heard of them but what are they really like?" He asked watching me as I thought of my answer. "They are exactly how everyone describes. My mother is a pushover. She will do whatever is asked of her and never ask one question about it. My father is one of the most notorious death eaters out there. He is actually the one who got Lucius Malfoy to become a death eater. He never shows any kind of emotion not to my mum or me. He is very strict and has an exact idea of who he wants me to be. Even down to who I'm going to marry. If I don't turn out like that then he isn't going to be very happy. He is one person I'm terrified of upsetting." I trailed off thinking of the rare times I saw my father actually get angry.

"Wait, he knows who your going to marry?" Neville asks a bit confused. "Yep" I sighed and looked up to see him biting his lip. I groaned internally and looked away again. "How does he know that?" He questioned clearly letting his curiosity take over. "He knows because he has already arranged it with the guy's father." I spoke a little more harshly then I intended too. I looked up at him again. He was still biting his lip and staring at the grass taking in what I had said. "You're cute" I laughed then immediately slapped my hand over my mouth. "What?" He questioned looking up at me quickly. "Nothing, it was nothing" I tried to laugh it off hoping he really didn't hear me.

"What about Draco?" Neville asked making my eyes go wide. "What? What about Draco?" I asked a little frantically. My heart started beating quicker. For a moment I thought it was going to burst out of my chest until Neville said "with your arranged marriage and all, what are you gonna do about Draco?" He had changed the subject and I couldn't be more glad. "Oh" was all I said. I stared at the grass not wanting to meet his eyes. "Oh, it is Draco" he said as if something just clicked in his head. "You're too smart Neville." I laughed looking up slightly to meet his eyes. "Thanks, I think" he laughed as he gathered some more ingredients. "We have everything for the gillyweed." He said turning to walk back to the school.

"That's kind of rubbish that you are being forced to marry Draco. Do you have a say so at all?" He glanced at me while we walked and talked. "Nope, he said it was not up for discussion." I kicked at some loose dirt as I walked past it. "Rubbish" he sighed running a hand through his hair. I couldn't help but giggle at him. He really is too, "cute". I didn't realize I had said the last word aloud until I noticed a missing Neville. I turned on my heels to find him a few feet from me just staring at me. I bit my lip and slowly walked closer to him. "You okay?" I asked trying to not be awkward. I failed. "You said 'cute' just now and earlier I could have swore you told my I was cute." Neville looked down at his feet as a light pink blush spread across his face to his ears.

"Sorry Neville, I didn't mean to be weird. I didn't even mean to say those things aloud. I meant to just think them to myself." I inwardly cringed because I pretty much just assured him that I thought he was cute. He looked up at me and I could see he was blushing worse now. "Um, thanks, I wasn't sure, um, yea" he looked so nervous and he bit his lip again. I groaned and turned back towards the school. I grabbed his arm and pulled him behind me. "Are you coming or not Longbottom?" I asked playfully as I looked back at him with a smile. He smiled back at me and within seconds he was right back at my side all good and new again.

"So, that's all you had to do with it?" I asked Neville as I watched him finish up making some gillyweed. "Yep, it's pretty simple. I can teach you if you'd like." He smiled as he finished up his work. "I'd love that! You never know when you'll need to breath under water!" I cheered with glee which made Neville look at me like I had lost my mind. After a pause of silence we both burst into laughter. I had one hand on the corner of the desk to steady myself and the other was holding my aching stomach. Neville looked like he was going to fall in the floor from laughing so hard. The sight of him only made me laugh harder.

"Tell Harry I said good luck. I'll be with Draco so I won't be able to tell him myself." I said as I gathered my things to exit the class room we'd been using. "I will let him know but can I ask you a real quick, um, random question?" He looked nervous as he spoke. I only knew this cause he was once again biting his bottom lip. "Of course" I gave him my sweet smile and waited for him to ask. "Do you really like Draco or are you just with him because you have to be?" The question caught me a bit off guard but it also made me smile. "Well, he is my best friend, but to be honest I don't care for him in a boyfriend kind of way. I only see him as a friend but I kind of have to get use to seeing him as more than that." I explained. He nodded while still biting his lip. I smiled and waved goodbye then exited the room.