Year 7: Thank You Harry

I followed Neville as he walked outside. He bent down right by the door and picked up something from the rubble. It was some kind of fabric. He dusted it off and looked at me. "The sorting hat" he gave me a small smile. I looked up to see Voldemort and his heard of death eaters coming across the long stone bridge that lead to the main entry of the castle. Both Neville and I stepped forward as everyone slowly made their way outside. I stood just a step behind Neville when Ginny came to my side. "Who is that Hagrid's carrying? Neville, who is it?" Ginny asked stepping forward. "Harry Potter is dead." Voldemort exclaimed as he and his followers came to a stop. "No! No!" Ginny screamed trying to run forward. Both her father and I grabbed an arm and pulled her back.

"Silence. Stupid girl. Harry Potter is dead. From this day forth, you put your faith in me." Voldemort sneered towards the students and staff of Hogwarts. He turned to his death eaters and raised his hands. "Harry Potter is dead!" He shouted with enthusiasm. His followers laughed in unison. "And now is the time to declare yourself. Come forward and join us. Or die." Voldemort had turned back to the school and looked over everyone standing before him. "Draco" Lucius said making everyone turn to look at the blood boy. He looked terrified. "Draco" Lucius said again. "Draco, come" Narcissa spoke softly with a warm smile as she lifted her hand out for him. I watched as he slowly made his way through the crowd and over to his parents. "Ah. Well done, Draco. Well done." Voldemort said as he hugged him very awkwardly.

"Abigail" my father yelled stepping forward from the crowd. It was my turn to be stared at by everyone. "Abigail Dright" he said furiously. I looked to Neville who was already staring at me. I was starting to panic. What would happen if I didn't go to them? I took a deep breath and took one step forward. I now stood directly beside Neville. I looked at him and smiled. I grabbed his hand and laced my fingers with him. "Abigail Dright!" My father yelled in pure rage. "My name is Abigail Black and I will not be joining you." I said loud enough for everyone to hear. I felt more confident now then I have my entire life.

Neville pulled his hand from mine and took a few steps forward. "Neville?" I questioned him. "Well, I must say I'd hoped for better." Voldemort smiled his sinister smile. The death eaters laughed at his comment. I watched him and felt the blood drain from my face. Please don't do this Neville. "And who might you be, young man?" Voldemort asked him. "Neville Longbottom" Voldemort and the others laughed at him. "Well, Neville, I'm sure we can find a place for you in our ranks." He gestured to the crowd behind him. "I'd like to say something." Neville sounded unsure of his words. Voldemort looked annoyed as his clenched his fist and jaw. "Well, Neville, I'm sure we'd all be fascinated to hear what you have to say." I watched him as I inwardly begged for him to step back. "It doesn't matter that Harry's gone." He spoke softly but loud enough to be heard. "Stand down Neville" Sheamus said from behind me. "People die everyday" Neville turned towards the school. "Friends, family. Yeah. We lost Harry tonight. But he's still with us, in here." He pointed to his heart. I stepped forward. I wanted to be closer to him. "So's Fred and Remus. Tonks. All of them. They didn't die in vain. But you will." He turned back to Voldemort. He stared him right in the eyes. "Because your wrong. Harry's heart did beat for us. For all of us." He yelled then pulled a sword out of the sorting hat he still had in his hand. "This is not over!" He yelled as he gripped the sword tightly. I smiled at the man in front of me.

I heard a thud making me look over to Hagrid who no longer had Harry in his arms. "Confringo!" Harry shouted blasting Nagini with the spell. Everyone on the Hogwarts side cheered and laughed at the sight of him. "He's alive!" I yelled with glee. I ran to the entrance of the school with Neville. We stood behind Ron and Hermione. "I'll lure him into the castle. We have to kill the snake." Harry said once he made it over to us. "You'll need this." Hermione said handing Harry something that I couldn't see. "Neville!" Arthur and I yelled in unison as he ran by us holding the sword above his head. He was yelling like a mad man. He was blasted and propelled backwards through the air. "Neville!" I ran to him as fast as I could. Arthur was next to me only a second later. "He's unconscious" I told him as I tried to pull Neville up. Arthur helped me pick him up and lay him on a cot.

I sat on my knees beside Neville where he still laid unconscious on a cot. "Please wake up" I begged as I ran a hand through his hair. There was people fighting all around us but my only concern was him. I kept a close eye out for anyone who came near. It seemed no one had noticed us yet. I softly brushed my thumb across his lips as I watched him. "Come on Neville" I whispered. I looked up to see his eyes fluttering open. I sat back on my heels to allow him room. Out of the corner of my eye I saw I figure in black. I turned to see a death eater coming right for us. "Stupify!" I yelled and blasted her. She flew across the room. Neville sat up slowly still in a daze. "Neville, are you okay?" I asked standing from the floor. He nodded and stood from his seat. He stumbled a bit once he got to his feet. "Are you sure?" I asked watching him carefully. "Yes" he turned and grabbed the sword he once had from the floor.

He took off running towards the exit. "Neville wait!" I shouted as I ran after him. We were heading back towards the main door to the castle. We turned a corner and stopped on the stairs. I looked below us to see Ron and Hermione running from Nagini. "Ron and Hermione!" I shouted and pointed at them. Neville flew down the stairs towards them with the sword in hand. Just as Nagini lunged to strike Neville jumped, swung the sword while he yelled and whacked off the snakes head. "You did it!" I squealed with glee as I ran down the stairs and jumped into his arms. He dropped the sword and wrapped his arms around me. He picked me off the ground and spun us around as he laughed. "Thank you Neville" Hermione said after Neville sat me down. "That was bloody brilliant!" Ron laughed as he wrapped his arm around Hermione's waist.

I was sitting with everyone in the infirmary that was made. I waited for Harry. I knew he'd be back it was just a matter of time. Only a few minutes later I saw him walk inside. I ran to him and hugged him tightly. "I knew you'd do it." I said with a smile when I pulled away. "I saw Sirius and I told him about you." He said making my heart skip a beat. "He wanted me to tell you something." I didn't care how it was possible I just wanted to know what he said. "What is it?" I asked keeping myself calm. "He said he wished he could have met you. He's sure from what I told him that you are and will continue to be exceptional. He's glad he had someone to carry on his name and blood. Also, that makes me and you family." Harry smiled warmly at me. I hugged him again as tears begin to fall down my face. "Thank you Harry" I whispered then pulled away from him.

I walked back inside to find Neville. He was sitting by one of the windows away from everyone. "Is everything alright?" I asked as I came to a stop behind him. He stood immediately and grabbed my hand. He pulled me against him and wrapped his arms around me. His lips were against mine in the next second and I practically melted. "Abby, what I said earlier, I meant it." He said softly when his lips left mine. "I love you." He whispered pressing his forehead against mine. "I love you too Neville." I smiled like an idiot. He kissed me again but deeper this time. His lips were crashing against mine making me want more and more of him. I whimpered when he pulled away from me again. "Never" he said then pressed his lips to mine again letting them lingering for a moment. "In my wildest dreams" he kissed me again. "Would I have imagined having you by my side." This time he grabbed my face and held me as he snogged me. I hadn't actually snogged him before. I'm not sure why because it was absolutely incredible. "I love you Abigail Black." He whispered. In that moment my life was complete. I knew who I was and what I wanted to be. Everything was better.

~*~

**The End.