Year 5: I Can See That Now

**I really wanted to add a part for Neville's POV so I decided to do it in this chapter. It will most likely be the only one though. So enjoy!

~*~

I'm in good ole detention with everyone else who was in Harry's little class. Well, everyone besides Cho. Since she spilled the beans she got off from the punishment. No one was happy with her right now and I totally understood why. Aside from things being blown out of proportion and making Dumbledore a fugitive we were all writing lines. That's not even the best part. We were using "special" quills given to us by Umbridge and they are special alright. My left hand burns and so does everyone else's. I can hear everyone hissing in pain as the words we are writing are ever so slowly being carved into our hands. When this is over I plan to get that over the top pink villain. Even if it's the last thing I do.

I slowly made my way back to the Slytherin common room. I was absolutely dreading to see Draco. Boy was I right to dread it. When I walked inside everyone in the common room ran for the hills leaving Draco and I alone. He was absolutely fuming. I could see the heat coming off him. "How could you be so ignorant?" He growled towards me. I didn't dare answer. I wasn't going to say or do anything. I watched as he walked over to me. My heart was about to beat out of my chest. I was terrified. He stood in front of me just looking at me like I was the most disgusting thing he'd ever seen. Then it happened. With a squeal I was on the floor with tears in my eyes. Clutching the side of my face that stung from the force. "Y-you hit me" I choked out as I stared at the carpet.

Draco grabbed hold of my arm and jerked me to my feet. "I will do so again if you disobey me." He spoke with such malice I had to inch away. I never felt so low before. I wanted to run. Run away and hide, but where would I run that I couldn't be found? When he let go of me I ran for my room as quick as I could. As soon as I was inside I closed the curtains around my bed and buried myself under the covers.

The next day I spoke to absolutely no one. I woke up to find my eye black from Draco's punch. Yes, that's right, he didn't slap me like I'm sure you thought. He punched me with all his might. I heard people gasp and murmur as I walked by them. I know they knew who did this to me. It was actually quite obvious. In potions class I glanced at Neville once to find him already staring at me. Once my eyes met his I couldn't stand myself. The look he gave me broke my heart. I know he wanted to help me. To do something but there was nothing he or anyone else could do.

Neville's POV

I was sitting at our table for dinner but I had lost my appetite. I couldn't stop worrying about Abby. That bastard hit her. He blacked her damn eye! I watched the door closely for her to walk in and when she did I became even more pissed off. Draco walked in first with his head held high like he was king of the world. Then Abby trailed behind him. Her head was hung in defeat. I wanted nothing more than to run to her and take her away. That would do more harm than good though. "Neville, is everything alright?" Ginny asked breaking me away from my thought. "I'm fine" I spat not meaning to. She looked at me in complete bewilderment. I would of done the same. I'm not one to be cruel to anyone. I hate it but I hate seeing Abby like this more. "It's Abby isn't it?" Hermione asked from her seat across from me. I nodded as my eyes found Abby at the Slytherin table again.

"What about Abby?" Ginny asked curiously. "Have you not seen her?" I asked harshly. I tried to compose myself. I didn't want to speak in such a way to my friends. "You mean her eye?" Ginny asked trying to figure it out. Hermione already knew. She figured it out a while back. She really was too smart for her own good. "Yes her eye" I said letting my exasperation take control. I ran my hand through my hair trying to calm my thoughts. "Why are you upset about that? I heard she got it from fighting one of the other Slytherin girls." I scoffed at that meeting Ginny's gaze. "No, she got it from Malfoy." I said with clear disgust. Ginny's eyes grew wide at that. She glanced over to Abby.

She was sitting next to Draco who was stuffing his face and talking about who knows what with the students around him. Abby, on the other hand, hadn't taken one bite of her food. She looked pale and afraid. "I can see that now." Ginny said quietly after looking away from her. "Why would he do that though?" She was clearly the only oblivious one in this school. "Because she was caught with us in the room of requirement. In Draco's eyes I'm sure that was a low blow to him." Hermione explained for me and I was ever so thankful for her.

"That's rubbish but I guess it's no surprise coming from him. Although, I never expected him to be that bad of a person but I guess I was wrong." Ginny went back to her food leaving me alone with my thoughts once again. "Everything will get better Neville. I'm sure of it." Hermione gave me a small smile which I returned. I let my eyes wander back to Abby once more. She was looking at me too. I wish I could read her thoughts in that moment because her face was giving me no sign of what she was thinking. I watched as Draco elbowed her making her jump slightly and look at him. He whispered something in her ear which seemed to make her pale even more. Why did I have to be such a good guy? I wish I could just attack him right now and do the world a favor. That was only wishing though because in reality I could never do such a thing.