Year 7: Be Careful

It had only been a few day since Neville and I were beaten bloody. Our wounds were healing but we both still looked like shit. Neville, Luna, Sheamus and I were all sitting together in the sleeping quarters when we heard Cho say something about the painting. We all turned to see Ariana. She was Dumbledore's sister. Neville had traveled through that passage way with her a few times to get us food and supplies from Aberforth. Who was Ariana and Professor Dumbledore's brother. When she appeared in the painting then that meant Aberforth had something for us. "Well, looks like I'm being called." Neville said as he got to his feet. "Be careful" I said softly as I stood. Instead of answering he gave me a quick but lingering kiss. Then he climbed up to the painting and disappeared into the tunnel behind it.

A few minutes later I saw him coming back in the painting. The passage opened and there he was. "Hey, listen up you lot. I brought you a surprise." He said with a big grin. "Not more of Aberforth's cookin' I hope. It'll be a surprise if we can digest it." Sheamus said making those close enough to hear give a small laugh. Neville stepped to the side with a sideways grin. Standing behind him was Harry, Ron, and Hermione. "Harry!" I shouted with others in the room. We all stood clapping and cheering to see them.

They climbed down from the painting and people started greeting them. I cut through the crowd to get at Neville's side. I liked being at his side. "Get word out to Remus and the others that Harry is back." Neville said to the ginger boy next to him. The boy ran off to make the call. "Okay, okay, let's not kill him before You-Know-Who does." Neville smiled breaking the crowd away from the trio. "What's the plan Harry?" Neville asked as we all stood waiting to hear what he had to say. "Okay. There's something we need to find. Something hidden here in the castle. And it may help us defeat You-Know-Who." He sounded nervous and unsure of his own words. "Right, what is it?" Neville asked crossing his arms. He looked really attractive right now. "We don't know." Harry answered. "Where is it?" Neville questioned again. "We don't know that either." Everyone just stared at him like he was mad. "I realize it's not much to go on." He spoke looking at the crowd. "That's nothing to go on." Sheamus spoke everyone's thoughts.

"I think it has something to do with Ravenclaw. Um, it'll be small, easily concealed. Anyone, any ideas?" I didn't have the slightest clue what it could be. "Well, there's Rowena Ravenclaw's lost diadem." Luna spoke up. "Oh, bloody hell. Here we go." Ron whispered to Hermione but I was close enough to hear him. "Lost diadem of Ravenclaw? Hasn't anyone heard of it? It's quite famous." She spoke in her usually voice that sounded like she was in some kind of trance. "Yes, but, Luna, it's lost, for centuries now. There isn't a person alive today who's seen it." Cho spoke apparently knowing what the hell Luna was going on about. "Excuse me, can someone tell me what a bloody diadem is?" Ron asked making me almost bust out into laughter. I was with him though. I had no clue what a diadem was either. "It's a sort of crown. You know, like a tiara." Cho's accent was thick with a few words. "Why wouldn't they just call it a tiara then?" I grumbled thinking no one heard me but Neville glanced down at me with a smirk letting me know he heard me loud and clear.

There was a light rumbling signaling that someone had just came in the room. Ginny ran in and the crowd parted instantly. "Harry" Ginny smiled at the sight of him. "Hi there" Harry looked at her like he was lost in a trance. No one said a word while the two stared longingly at each other. "Six months she hasn't seen me and it's like I'm Frankie First-Year." Ron complained as he watched his sister stare at his best friend. "I'm her brother." He grumbled earning a small laugh from me. "Got lots of those. There's only one Harry." Sheamus said wiggling his eyebrows suggestively. "Shut up, Sheamus" Ron sounded annoyed that time. "He's got a point though." I whispered across Hermione at him. "What is it Ginny?" Neville asked her. We had all seemed to forget that she would only come in for a certain reason. "Snape knows. He knows that Harry was spotted in Hogsmeade." Her words made me run cold. This wasn't going to be good.

As I said this wasn't good. Snape had ordered everyone out of bed and to come to the great hall. We all got with our houses and marched in step. Once in the great hall we stood silently waiting for the headmaster to come. He came through the doors quickly and made his way to the front of the room. "Many of you are surely wondering why I have summoned you at this hour." Snape paused for what I like to call dramatic effect. "It's come to my attention that earlier this evening-" he paused once again. "Harry Potter was sighted in Hogsmeade." After hearing that the room filled with gasps and murmurs. "Now" the room fell silent again at the sound of Snape's voice. "Should anyone, student or staff, attempt to aid Mr. Potter, they will be punished, in a matter consistent with the severity of their transgression. Furthermore, any person found to have knowledge of these events, who fails to come forward, will be treated as equally guilty. Now then, if anyone here has any knowledge of Mr. Potter's movements this evening. I invite them to step forward. Now."

The room fell silent as everyone stayed in their place. Just like that we heard foot steps. Everyone turned gasping to see who knew about Harry. I, on the other hand, continued to look at Snape for a few more seconds before turning to see Harry himself. Who I already knew was going to be there. "It seems, despite your exhaustive defensive strategies" the door to the great hall started to open. "You still have a bit of a security problem, headmaster." Harry said matter of factly. The order walked inside and stopped a few feet behind Harry. I smiled when I saw Neville among them. "And I'm afraid it's quite extensive. How dare you stand where he stood? Tell them how it happened that night. Tell them how you looked him in the eye, a man who trusted you, and killed him. Tell them." Harry's voice became louder and louder with each sentence.

Snape suddenly pulled out his wand but as soon as he pointed it at Harry Professor Mcgonagall put herself in front of him. This seemed to throw Snape off momentarily. Mcgonagall threw the first spell. They battle back and forth for only a few seconds. Mcgonagall immediately getting the upper hand and pushing him backwards. He grabbed his robe and pulled it around himself as he turned to smoke and left through the window. The Carrows who were standing behind him did the same. The students cheered and jumped for joy at this small victory. I made my way over to Neville and hugged him tightly to me.