Year 7: Neville!

The celebrating didn't last long. A few seconds later the room turned dark and I had this awful hissing in my head. I heard a girl scream somewhere in the room. Then another girl in the corner started screaming. A third girl on the opposite side screamed as well. Once they stopped the voice started. It knocked me off my feet before it even began to speak. Neville found himself next to me holding me close as I held my hands against my head trying to get the pain to stop.

"I know that many of you will want to fight. Some of you may even think that to fight is wise. But this is folly. Give me Harry Potter. Do this and none shall be harmed. Give me Harry Potter and I shall leave Hogwarts untouched. Give me Harry Potter and you will be rewarded. You have one hour."

The voice drifted off and I was being pulled to my feet by Neville and Lupin. The room fell silent again until Pansy decided to speak up. "What are you waiting for? Someone grab him." She pointed at Harry. Ginny, Hermione, and I were all like dominos reaching Harry a fraction of a second later than the other. A small crowd formed around him and I felt good to be apart of it.

"Students out of bed! Students out of bed! Students in the corridor!" Filch yelled as he ran into the great hall. "They are suppose to be out of bed, you blithering idiot." Professor Mcgonagall said stepping down from the platform. "Oh. Sorry, ma'am" he bowed his head like a scolded child. "As it happens Mr. Filch, your arrival is most opportune. If you would, I would like you, please, to lead Miss Parkinson and the rest of Slytherin House from the hall." She pointed at Pansy then the door. "Exactly where is it I'll be leading them to, ma'am?" Filch asked as he clutched his cat. "The dungeons will do." With that the room erupted into cheers again. I joined the members of the order with Neville by my side. I watched as Harry exchanged words with Mcgonagall. He turned back to the group. "Hold the forte Neville." Harry patted his shoulder as he and the other two left to find what they were looking for.

I walked with Neville, Sheamus, Molly, and Mcgonagall to the main doors of the castle. Mcgonagall had been telling Neville to take out the bridge leading to the forest. She was telling them to explode it but he didn't seem to be wrapping his head around that. "Let me get this straight. You're giving us permission to do this?" He asked raising a brow at her. "That is correct, Longbottom." Neville glanced back at me like I was going to give him a different answer. "To blow it up? Boom?" He questioned her again. "Boom!" I laughed at that as I followed her down the stairs. "Wicked. But how on earth are we gonna do that?" I rolled my eyes at him and stepped down to land me right next to him. "Why don't you confer with Mr. Finnigan? As I recall, he has a particular proclivity for pyrotechnics. Also, take Abby with you. She keep you out of trouble." I smiled at that and grabbed Neville's hand. "I can bring it down." Sheamus said with lots of enthusiasm. "That's the spirit. Now away you go." She flicked her hand and off we went towards the bridge.

"I told Remus about you." Neville said as we ran. "What did he say?" I asked curiously. "He actually didn't seem to surprised. He might know who your mother is but he said he'd like to meet you properly." I smiled at the thought of getting to know more about my real parents. It didn't take us long to reach the bridge. The three of us immediately got to work on creating and placing the explosives. By the time we finished I was exhausted. Neville and I walked to the end of the bridge to make sure everything was in place. I was standing behind him when I heard a large group running and yelling. I looked out towards the forest and saw the shadows growing closer. Neville took a step back as he noticed them. Two of them ran into the barrier and pretty much evaporated. All the others stopped. I smiled and released a thankful breath. "Yeah. You and whose army?" Neville said letting his excitement completely take over. I laughed at how cute he was.

I hugged him joyfully. Then grabbed his face and kissed him. "You're adorable" I laughed ask hugged him tighter. "We should head back and go ahead and blow this thing." I said tugging on his hand lightly. "Yea" he agreed and started to walk with me. I looked up to see the shield look like it was falling to pieces. "Um, Neville, we should go now." I said worriedly. I glanced behind me to see him staring at the leader of the group. I looked to see the leader smile and start running. "Neville!" I screamed as I took off running. He was right behind me blasting the guys behind him as they blasted towards him. One of the blasts caught our explosives and the bridge started exploding. I ran faster glancing behind me to make sure Neville was there. I looked back again and saw no Neville. I stopped immediately and froze in place. "Neville?" I asked trying to to become frantic. There was a few moments when nothing happened and my heart almost stopped. A wand flew up and landed on the bridge in front of my feet. Then there were arms clutching the end of the bridge. Neville's face popped up and I fell to my knees. "That went well" he grunted as he tried to pull himself up.

I ran over to him and grabbed his face. I kissed him deeply then pulled away. "You scared the shit out of me!" I scolded him. "Sorry, but could you help me up." He tried pulling himself up again. I laughed and bent over to grab his torso. With one good jerk I pulled him to the bridge. "Thanks" he grunted again as he stood up.