21-Revealed

21-Revealed

      Aria heard the consistent beeping as she came back to consciousness. The smell of rubbing alcohol filled the air and it wasn't a comforting scent to her senses and her nose scrunched as she finally gained the energy to open her eyes. It was difficult, but she was able to do it, only to close them at the harsh lights above her. She knew where she was. The hospital. She remembered everything that happened, the sound of her clothes tearing to pieces was something she didn't think she could forget. The pain in her back registered then and she groaned as the once dull throb became incessant and excruciating.

      "Aria." She heard the ragged whisper, and her eyes flew open, meeting a pair of familiar emerald green ones. He was still in his dance suit, but it was bloodied. Her blood, Aria was certain. His hair looked like he'd run his hands through it a few too many times and if the bags under his eyes were anything to go by, she was certain he hadn't had an ounce of rest yet. She felt a smile tug at her lips as she reached out to touch his cheek only to cry out at the pain in her back. Xepher's eyes widened in worry as he pressed a button to her side. The sound of a door opening echoed in the otherwise silent room and Aria could see a nurse come beside Xepher. She was a sweet looking older lady with chocolate skin and matching eyes. Her face looked worried as she spoke.

      "Are you okay sweetie? In pain?" Aria nodded, the movement causing more pain. The nurse nodded then fidgeted with the bags beside her that hooked into her arm. She then took out a syringe and added something to the bag. Aria's pain was slowly receding with each passing moment.

       "This is a pain killer, it'll make you a little drowsy, but you should still be able to keep a clear head. There are some police-men that have been waiting for you to wake up, they'd like to speak with you." Aria nodded and the nurse left then. With the pain dulled, Aria reached out to Xepher now, this time reaching his face and cupped his cheek. His eyes held pure despair and Aria couldn't stand to see that.

      "Hi." She said with a soft smile. Xepher closed his eyes then, his body heaving out a sigh as he pushed his face into her hand, his own coming up to grab it. He turned it and kissed her palm, causing a warm feeling to rush through her.

        "Hi there, beautiful." He whispered, his voice sounding exhausted. His eyes looked haunted.

      "What's wrong? They got him, right?" The look on his face filled Aria with fear.

      "H-he got away." Xepher let out defeatedly. Aria's body reacted instantly, and she shot up in her bed, gritting her teeth through the pain. That's when she noticed them. Everyone. Even Grace and Mr. Laine, were in the room, watching her with wide eyes. Her friends all charged towards her, their hands gentle as they tried to get her to lay back down.

      "Aria, what are you doing, you need to lay down!" Raven scolded. Aria struggled against them, even as she felt the bandages on her back stretching. She didn't care. She needed to get up and out of here. If Daniel was out there, that meant her mother wasn't safe!

       "No! My mom, he's going to hurt her! He's going to hurt all of you! I have to get out of here!" She cried out, tears blurring her vision.

      "Aria." The stern voice made her freeze, and she looked over to where Mr. Laine stood to her right. He looked tired too. They all did. How long had they gone without proper rest because of her?

      "The police have already notified your mother. She is heading here already and has been advised not to go back to the house. A police escort will be at the airport for her when her flight lands." At hearing those words, Aria's exhausted body slouched and with her friends help, she laid back down.