15-Flowers and Scalpels

With each passing day, Raven seethed, her rage deepening, the dark urges in her heart nearly uncontrollable. Every day Aria avoided them it weighed on her. Raven knew the weight she was carrying to keep them safe, she knew, but she couldn't stand it. She wanted Aria to be free from this, she wanted her safe damnit! Aria had come into their lives like the day creeps over the night, brightening their days and giving them smiles, even without words. She was such a small, sweet girl, Raven wanted to protect her from the world, but it seemed that, that same world wanted to crush Aria.

At least, her stepfather did. Pig, Raven clenched her teeth against the thought. It was Wednesday, two days after Aria had publicly humiliated Cassidy, making Raven's heart melt more. Raven wanted to hug her so badly, but Aria had pulled away, and it made Raven's heart throb painfully. Aria was like her little sister, and the fact that she couldn't save her from that creep now, made her angry, so angry.

Within the last three days of her avoiding the group, everyone felt it. Raven and Xepher especially. She looked over to Xepher who sat across from her, up one row. His face screamed pain, just like she knew he felt. Before he could blink, the poor boy had fallen for the girl that made everyone's day just a little more interesting, and Raven couldn't blame him. She felt for him.

"Raven!" The teacher's yell made Raven look up at the angry English teacher that stood in front of her desk, his hands on his hips, his bird nose annoying her.

"What?" She asked, not interested in him pestering her, she couldn't care less, she got good grades, what did he feel the need to bug her for? The class was silent, looking at Raven with raised brows. The teacher scoffed, his face reddening at the blatant disrespect.

"May I ask why you can't be bothered to participate in the class? Off in La La Land?" He asked indignantly.

"No, you may not." She said, leaning back in her chair, right now she was fuming, she didn't care about the class. Xepher looked her way, his eyes meeting hers in understanding. None of them wanted to deal with anyone's nonsense. Marco had nearly gotten suspended for punching a kid that was talking about Aria being hot and saying filthy things just this morning, having caught attention from her display of protection in the cafeteria. Jax glared at anyone that bumped into him in the hallway, and Kenzy, she was quiet. Everyone was hurting.

"Detention." He said, trying to gain his respect back. The class opened their mouths in an 'O' as if it were a drama. She ignored them and stared the teacher in the eyes.

"Why? We both know I have one of the highest grades in this class, so what? Detention for being distracted? Or because I said no?" She asked. He seemed surprised by the sudden response and lack of her being worried about getting detention. His hand came down, and Raven watched as he reached out to touch her shoulder. No.

"Excuse me, young la-" She didn't let him finish.

"Touch me and I will file sexual harassment with the principal directly." His hand froze before touching her. She couldn't stand many people touching her, especially men. Not after him.

"And if you think I am going to detention for any reason that occurred today, I will speak to the principal again for wrongful detainment. Actually, I might just go now." She went to stand but the teacher held up his hands in surrender.

"J-just pay attention." He said before scuffling back to the white board. Raven slumped back into her chair, her mind going haywire. The class was still looking at her, so she sneered at them, making them turn away, all but Xepher. She huffed out a breath of air and stuck her hand in her hair, frustrated. Xepher nodded his understanding, then turned back to the teacher.