4-Caught in the Act

4-Caught in the Act

She'd slapped him. Xepher couldn't believe the audacity she had to actually slap him. His entire group stood the moment it happened, and he couldn't help but wince. The girl had a mean slap and his face was on fire.

"You shouldn't have done that." Raven, one of his friends, growled. The fear in Aria's eyes grew then and she took a step back. Xepher was too pissed off to care though. She'd slapped him after all, and he'd wanted to know what I was for. He stepped forward and so did the group. Then Aria turned and ran.

"Jax, Kenzy go around to the left. Raven and Marco, go right." They nodded and took off. Everyone in the cafeteria was eerily silent, watching.

"Mind your own damn business!" he yelled, and they did just that. Xepher turned and followed Aria out the door she'd gone through. He saw her running through the courtyard when Jax turned the corner along with Kenzy. He smiled. Jax would get her. Jax spread his legs and braced himself but Aria kept running. When she got close, she ducked and slid right under him, using the snow to slide smoothly and quickly. Xepher cringed. That had to be cold.

"Jax! What was that?" Raven yelled as her black combat boots crushed the freshly laid snow. Jax shrugged, turning to go after her again. They all met up in there chase for her.

"Damn that girl can run." Kenzy panted. Aria took a sharp turned, only to poke her head out from it and wave her hand to have them follow, only to turn and enter a building.

"Yeah, she is, Jax, Marco, and Kenzy, go to the other end and enter from there. Don't let her slip this time please." They nodded and separated once more. Raven and Xepher entered where Aria did and found her leaning against the wall. When she saw them enter, she put her finger to her lips in a shushing motion and beckoned them over. He noticed then that her backpack and binder were on the floor.

"What the f-" Raven started but was cut short when Aria slapped a hand over her mouth. People didn't touch Raven; it was just a rule. So, Raven grabbed her wrist and yanked it away, lifting a fist when Aria flinched. That was her injured arm. Raven seemed to notice and before anyone could blink, Raven yanked up Aria's sleeve. She pulled away in a flash and pulled her sleeve back down but not before they saw the long scab on her forearm and the many, many scars littering her skin. Raven sucked in a breath while Xepher felt the rage slowly coming back.

The doors on the opposite side of the building were then pulled open and in came Marco, Jax, and Kenzy. Aria made a shushing gesture to them as well and they listened immediately. She tuned to Xepher then and grabbed his arm, pulling him to the door she was leaning on the wall next to. She put her ear to it and gestured for Xepher to do the same. He did.

Heard the slight repetitive thumping, the harsh breath and his eyebrows scrunched in confusion. He looked to Aria and mouthed 'what'? She rolled her eyes and he continued to listen. That's when he heard it, or rather, her.

"Oh, Luke." That couldn't be. No way.

"Did you miss me Karen?" Luke responded. Xepher's stomach turned. How could she? Rage flooded him and he grabbed the knob of the janitor's closet. Aria stepped back as he slammed open the door. There was a slight squeak and Xepher saw something then that no boyfriend should ever see. Luke had Karen against the wall, and it didn't take an idiot to figure out just exactly what they were doing. He heard a sharp intake of breath and turned to find Aria covering her eyes with her hands and turning away.

"What the-" Luke started as the both looked at Xepher, startled. They then pulled apart quickly, fixing themselves." When they were done, Luke stepped out first, a smirk on his face. Xepher tightened his hand into a fist, ready to slam it into that cocky face, when he felt someone behind him, grabbing onto his shirt. He looked back to find Aria gripping it tightly in her hands as she hid behind his back. There was a look of fear in her eyes as she shook her head, then her eyes shifted, and she shot it down. He followed where she looked to see that I was Luke smiling creepily at her. Then he turned and walked away.