Epilogue

Epilogue

Both her and Xepher had been found after he'd pulled her from the river and the officers had helped them get to the hospital. It took a few days to be cleared to leave, but when they were, a Xepher's parents were waiting for them in the lobby to take them home. When they got back to the house, the group was there with a 'Welcome Home' sign and treats. It made Aria's heart warm at the sign, that was until Raven nearly choked her for going off on her own.

Xepher seemed to refuse to leave her side for more than a few minutes at a time, but Aria hadn't argued. They'd been close to losing each other, and now that it was over, they could love each other without fear of a monster poised behind them, ready to strike. It had taken almost a week to find Daniel's body in the river by the bridge, but when they did, Aria had felt the relief and understanding that everything was truly over.

A few weeks after returning home, the lawyer that had been meant to read her mother's will had come to the house once he'd heard the news and why she hadn't arrived for their schedule meeting. She'd sat in the living room, Xepher on the other side of the wall in the kitchen as she sat in shock and disbelief with what the lawyer was telling her. Her mother had left her everything. Everything. The house, the cars, over a quarter of a million in a safety deposit box and a million in a life insurance policy. Everything there was, she'd given to Aria. As she listened, she could feel the tears fall from her eyes as the shock rolled over her.

Graduation came around in the blink of an eye and with the group cheering loudly for her, she received her diploma, hoping her parents knew that she'd made it this far. During that summer, Aria sold the house, having too many conflicting memories within it to hold onto it any longer. She'd purchased a smaller, more quaint home in Raven's neighborhood and Xepher and the group stayed over much more often than they stayed at their own homes, though she didn't mind it.

There were days when she'd think of what she'd lost in her lifetime, but then she'd remember what she gained in the process and would pick right back up and move forward. Together, her and Xepher finished college, and moved on to their careers. He moved in officially then and there wasn't a single day she wasn't grateful to him for being beside her all those years. He was the most wonderful man, always so kind and patient whenever she'd have a nightmare or panic attack.

She loved him, with everything she had, and she always would.

Xepher had never thought much about this day, but he knew he hadn't expected for his breath to be ripped from his lungs and for tears to spring to his eyes. The most beautiful sight stood before him, and all he could do was bring his hand to his mouth and watch as the woman he loved walked down that aisle towards him. The white dress hugged her small form beautifully, flaring out at the bottom, very similar to that winter dance dress all those years ago. Her auburn locks were wound in an elegant knot, tendrils hanging in her face so beautifully, and she wore light, enhancing makeup. She held a bouquet of white lilies in her hand as she came closer and Xepher felt the tears fall. She was an angel.

When her eyes met his he saw the light sheen of tears in hers and she smiled. They'd waited until there lives were stable to be married, but if he'd had it his way, Xepher would've married her the second he put that ring on her finger freshman year of college when she said yes.

When she reached him, the music stopped and everyone who was in attendance sat down. Their friends and family were in the front row, watching with tears in their eyes. Raven wore an engagement ring on the hand that held Jax's. Kenzy, well, Marco hadn't waited when he'd put the ring on her finger, they'd gotten married halfway through college, though they were as happy as they'd been from the first day they got together.

The priest began to speak, but Xepher couldn't really focus on that, he was so enthralled by the woman standing before him, the strong woman that went through so much, that had nearly died trying to protect him, and knew that no matter what happened, there'd never be anyone else for him in this world. She was it.

She was his forever.

----------

Thank you for reading! I hope you loved it as much as I do!

On to the next tale!

Much Love,

J. Vas