3-Run

3-Run

Aria wanted to be mad at him. At the ignorance and how he attacked her verbally, but she couldn't find it within herself to react to it. Nobody knew what was happening to her. Nobody cared. She couldn't hold it against him because to everyone else she was just a girl who could but refused to talk to anyone, and the assumption that she thought people were beneath her was understandable. That's why she simply let it go and focused all of her attention on her homework throughout Study Hall. Though, she couldn't help the feeling that she was being watched throughout it and when she looked back her eyes widened in surprise. Xepher was staring at her, watching her with curious eyes.

Aria turned her head back immediately and went back to her equations, except that this time her mind was hyper-aware of the guy watching her so intently. The ridiculously tall, handsome guy that smelled like a woodsy vanilla. The guy that was so warm when he caught her and kept her from falling that she almost felt a sense of security and comfort.

These thoughts followed her even two hours later. After she'd quickly escaped her Study Hall and gone through another two classes. She was now on her way to her last class before lunch when she turned the corner and bumped into someone again, though not quite so hard this time. She stumbled back quickly and looked up to find that it was none other than Luke Kayden, the star receiver of the high school's football team and the slimy playboy/golden boy of the school. Perks off not talking, Aria heard everything and what she heard about this guy was nothing short of making him a scumbag.

Though Aria could recognize him as a handsome person too, with his short cut blond hair and dark brown eyes she was certain too many girls fell for, she recognized his ways. Too similar to that of someone that caused her constant pain. So, she did what she knew she should do. Get away from him. She bowed her head slightly as a sign of apology and went to walk around him.

"Hey." He said, gripping her forearm in a dominant and uncomfortable way, exactly where Xepher had, right on her cut. She flinched and tried to pull away, only, he wouldn't let her. Instead he gripped her arm even tighter. She felt the scab tearing away and the tears sprung to her eyes at the burning sensation.

"What's your name little one?" Luke asked, staring at her with an unnerving smile. Aria was scared, because not only was he not letting her go, but because he had the same look in his eyes as Daniel did, and it terrified her. She pulled her arm once more, but to no avail and then he leaned down, and she froze, the pure terror caught in her throat.

"I don't like not being answered." A ghostly chill ran down her spine as the words resonated throughout her memory banks, only to bring up another unwelcome moment.

It was her thirteenth birthday and it was just the three of them. Aria had just dug into her cake when her mother's phone began to ring. She muttered a curse and excused herself into the next room. Aria shrugged. So long as her mother was in the house and too close for Daniel's comfort, she was safe. She was in mid-bite when her mother came back into the room.

"I am so sorry Aria, but the office needs me to come in and review the Foster case. Apparently, they have new evidence that needs coverage immediately." Aria didn't respond. She hadn't for two years now. Her mother leaned down and kissed the top of her head, then turned and kissed Daniel on the lips. She cringed internally, knowing what kind of a monster he was. The sound of the front door shutting and her mother's safety net leaving her terrified her, and her body began to shake.

He didn't waste any time and came around the table to her. He put his arms on either side of her on the table, blocking her in and whispered to her "Happy birthday Aria. I have another present for you, do you want it?" Aria's body froze and his hand slid up her arm, causing her breathing to nearly stop entirely, tears threatening to betray her.