16-Fight

16-Fight

Xepher sat at their usual table while students filed into the cafeteria to get their lunch. His foot tapped endlessly as he waited. Kenzy and Marco sat across from him, Kenzy leaning on his shoulder. They looked exhausted. Xepher's eyes scanned the room, falling on his girl as she stood in the line farthest from their table. She played with his necklace, running the pendant along her bottom lip, her eyes focused in front of her.

The sound of a bag hitting the table hard made Xepher turn away from the girl he'd gotten so attached to. He turned to find Jax and Raven sitting down. Raven didn't waste a moment. As soon as she sat down, she began talking.

"We know she's been threatened to not be around Xepher, but nothing saying about female friends. We may not be able to save her right now, but I thought, hey maybe we can get her away for a night." She began to dig into her backpack. "After dealing with that stupid Mr. Lang I saw it on the wall." She said, slamming a piece of paper onto the table. Everyone looked at it, Kenzy's eyes lighting up for the first time since Monday. She clapped as she squealed excitedly, but that excitement left as fast as it came.

"But, how are we going to get her out of the house? If he's as controlling as we've figured, then he won't let her go." She pouted, her head hanging down.

"Which is why I got her mother's number. Look." Raven held out the phone for everyone to read it.

Raven: Hello Mrs. Cane. I am Raven, one of Aria's closest friends. She came to my house for a girl's night last week and I wanted to see, if it were okay, to surprise her by taking her to the Winter Dance this Saturday with our friend Kenzy?

Mrs. Cane: Oh, hello Raven! That would be so good for her, I'll let her know!

Raven: Well, I was hoping to surprise her. I think she'd be too nervous if she thought about it too much. You know how she is.

Mrs. Cane: Oh, you are right, that would be a nice surprise indeed. Thank you for being so kind to my Aria.

Raven: Of course, Mrs. Cane, we adore her. Thank you.

Xepher leaned back, letting out a sigh of relief. She would be able to get away from him for the night, and he could see her again.

"Her mom even sent me money to buy her a dress and stuff along with her sizes. You know what that means Kenzy?" Kenzy squealed excitedly.

"Shopping!"

"Uhh, guys." Jax said, catching everyone's attention. He nodded towards a table in the far back of the cafeteria, directly in front of them, where Aria was now seated, a book in hand and another guy Xepher didn't recognize sitting beside her a little to close for comfort. He saw Aria tense and pull away slightly.

"What the hell?" Xepher muttered to himself as he watched the slimeball try to touch Aria's hair. Xepher's hands gripped into a tight fist, about to get up when he saw Jax already heading over to the table.

"Oh, crap." Marco whispered, getting up quickly and following Jax, Xepher not far behind him. The kids in the cafeteria became quiet, their eyes following the guys like it was a reality show. Xepher watched as Aria slapped the kids hand away and went to stand but he gripped her wrist tight. Aria winced and Xepher nearly saw red and all three of them picked up their pace.

Jax reached the kid first and grabbed him by his shirt, yanking the kid straight up from the seat and into the wall. Xepher recognized him now, looking closer. It was Jake Randall, he was a member of the football team. Xepher and Marco rounded the table, each taking guard beside Aria. He felt her small fingers grip his jacket and lean into him slightly. She was shaking. Xepher wanted to be the one to wring the kids neck, but he didn't have it in him to leave her side.