9-The Prettiest Blush

When Aria left Xepher's side, coming out of the broken into nurse office Raven stood, waiting for her. She was warmed, even as snow fell gently on them, due to Xepher's sweatshirt and leather jacket. Raven held out a hand to her, and Aria quietly took it. Their fingers interlaced with each other as the four of them walked through the school grounds. The bell rang then, students quickly filling the empty hallways. Aria noticed that they were the center of everyone's attention as students looked oddly towards Raven and Aria's hands interlaced with Jax and Xepher behind the both of them like hired bodyguards.

They all stopped at Aria's locker as she traded out her math texts for her history books. Xepher held her backpack open for her as she stuffed the items in carefully, trying not to jerk around too much. Then came a familiar voice.

"Raven! Aria!" The sing song voice called out. The four of them turned around and found Kenzy running down the hallway, people quickly jumping out of her way to avoid being hit. Her short cut brown hair was free, splayed behind her as she bumped into someone. "Oops, my apologies." She said as she turned and finished her sprint towards them. When she reached them she smiled brightly.

"Thought I'd never catch up, especially in these." She pointed to her feet and they all looked down to find her wearing knee-high leather stiletto boots. Her black skinny jeans and cream colored knit sweater made her brown eyes look warm and shining. Her perfect white teeth were on display and she was out of breath.

"Idiot." Raven said, making Aria turn to look at her with wide eyes. She simply shrugged. "It's the dead of winter and you're wearing pencil heeled boots in the snow and ice? Are you hoping to get a sprained ankle with your clumsiness?" Kenzy pouted, poking her lip out.

"I though it looked cute." She defended. Raven rolled her eyes, walking towards their next class. Raven, Kenzy, and her had history together.

"Yeah and so does a cast."

"You're a meanie." Kenzy continued her pout, crossing her arms.

"Doesn't mean I'm not right." Raven said as they approached class. Aria felt a tug on her sleeve and turned. Xepher stood there, Jax a few paces behind him.

"I have to get to my class. Will you be okay?" He asked worriedly. Aria nodded, though she felt less confident than she hoped to portray. Something had shifted in the handful of minutes in the nurse's office. Someone knew. They knew, and they were there for her. They didn't judge her, or try to force her to report it. They cared, and they just wanted to be there to support her. She had friends now, but most of all, she had Xepher. She wasn't naive enough to think he was simply a friend to her anymore. Despite her attempts to stay away from him, he'd been able to break down her walls the most, to comfort her through everything, and he wanted to make sure she was safe. He was special to her, and she cared for him deeply. Somehow, within the last few days, he'd been able to break through the barriers she'd had up for nearly a decade, and it lifted a weight the size of an elephant off of her chest.

"I'll see you in 45 minutes, okay?" He said. She nodded. He went to turn to leave, but paused, turning around and kissing the top of her head before turning and taking off with a smirking Jax. Aria was surprised by the show of affection. He'd done it before, but not around so many gawking people. She felt her face heat up as she turned and shuffled into the classroom. She found Kenzy and Raven sitting close, an open seat between the two of them. Aria took it and found her bag beside the chair. Xepher must have given it to Raven.

"Aria, Raven just told me you're months ahead in classwork?" Aria smiled softly and nodded. Kenzy looked awed.

"Smart cookie!" She said as more students flooded into the classroom. "Oh, Aria, we're going to do some make-over stuff during our girl's night tonight, are your parents okay with your nails and hair changing?" She asked. Aria was confused. Changed?