10-Violence, Anger, & A Puppy

Aria's throat was tight with fear as she looked at Luke Kayden. He was terrifying.

"You think you get to slap me in the face, humiliate me in class, and get away with it? Not on your life, Cupcake. I am Luke Kayden, and you're a nobody that seems to keep getting in my way. I'll make sure you know your place." He gripped her throat tightly causing her to wince at the marks that were already there. He smiled at her cynically. He was crazy! He was just like Daniel, dangerous and psychotic.

"This feels nice, now, it seems to me that Xepher has already taken a fancy to you, so taking you from him like I did Karen will be sweet." Aria's eyes widened, what was he going to do? She panicked, trying to struggle from his grip. He tightened his hold, causing her to choke on her own weak attempt at breathing. Tears flooded her vision as he gripped her hip painfully.

"You being a silent little freak works in my favor, doesn't it?" He snickered at her. Using the little strength she had, she brought her knee up as hard as she could into his groin. He groaned, dropping his grip on her throat enough for her to break away from him and run. She didn't get very far as he grabbed her ankle causing her to slam into the ground painfully.

Oh God, it hurts, she thought to herself as she tried to breathe through the awful pain. She didn't have much time to dwell on it as he crawled over her, cursing her as she tried to fight him off, landing a few punches and kicks before he overpowered her, straddling her chest. She wanted to scream, she tried to. She tried so hard but nothing would come out. Tears fell from her eyes freely as Luke reached up and slammed his open palm across her cheek, the same cheek Daniel had hit. They were the same kind of monster, she thought as her vision tunneled dangerously.

"Bad choice, Cupcake." He sneered at her as he gripped her jaw painfully, his eyes crazed. He raised his hand once more, but before he could make contact with her face he was ripped off of her so hard that she rolled through the muddy snow. Her body screamed in protest as she tried to raise herself from the ground.

"Aria!" She heard Raven's voice in the distance and looked up to find her and the gang running towards them. Raven was ahead of them, running alarmingly fast. She slid down beside Aria's struggling form and reached around her, trying to help. "Are you okay?" Aria could only nod, coughing blood onto the ground. Her lips burned painfully and she figured the blood was from that injury. The sound of flesh hitting flesh caught her attention. She turned to find Xepher on top of Luke, slamming his fist into his face over and over again.

"Don't. Touch. Her!" He screamed in Luke's face. Jax and Marco bounded past them, trying their best to grab Xepher off of Aria. Kenzy knelt on her other side, tears in her eyes.

"Oh my God, Aria." She choked out, but Aria wasn't listening, her eyes zoned on the struggle Marco and Jax were having tearing Xepher off of Luke. Aria forced herself to stand. If he kept hitting Luke, he would be the one in trouble.

"Aria don't move!" Kenzy squealed. She ignored her, as she grabbed Xepher's right arm. He was so blinded by anger and pushed her off.

"Aria!" Marco cried out, coming beside her as she forced herself to stand once more. She wouldn't let him mess up his future for her. She took a deep breath and charged him with all her remaining might. She slammed into his side, knocking them both off of Luke. Raven's cry could be heard through the commotion as the rolled into the hardened snow. Aria grunted in pain as her body slammed into the ground. They rolled to a stop and Xepher seemed to knock out of trance he was in. He looked at Aria wide eyed.

"Aria!" Kenzy and Raven called, flying over to her.

"Are you crazy! You're already injured!" Xepher said, cupping her cheek painfully.