My Brother Is In Love With My Best Friend?...But, He's Gay{Chapter 14}

Chapter 14

"We gather here today to mourn the loss of beloved Cassedee." The priest began. I sighed. We were going to open the letter tomorrow. That is what we had decided. We wanted to wait as long as possible. Because we really couldn't read it. It's been a week. It was hard to live with out her.

"Would anyone like to say anything?" The priest asked. I raised my hand and he nodded. I began with what I was thinking at the hospital.

"Cassedee always belived that everything happens for a reason, and that everyone lives for a purpose. And when someone has done what they need to in life then they die because there is no longer a need for them. I always thought she was just crazy. But think about it. She had Rose, and now she is dying. Maybe that was her purpose in life. To find love and to give us the gift of her child. She showed us how to find ourselves, though in a way that not many recognized. She was fun and out going and that made us all show our true selves. She loved everyone how they were and never back talked her friends. She had a baby before all this started, and that was her first bestfriend. That was Chyna. She had Chyna before I even met her. And that was the thing she loved most. Then she met me. And she cahnged my life. Now I'm an Aunt, My 17 year old brother is a single father, and I have come to realize, I have also found love in this all. His name is Donovan, and without Cass, I would have never given him a second thought. She was my sister. She was my best friend. She will always be there to listen and to love, and to share in any experiance that is life changing. And so, as we lay her to rest here in the ground, I'm not going to say goodbye. Because she is always going to be with me, with Paul, and with baby Rose." I walked down back to my seat next to Donovan with salty water dripping from my eyes.

The nest thing I know her coffin is being covered in soil, and we went our way, to Donovan's house, where we have been staying.

"Thank you Rose. That was amazing." Paul said. I nodded and went back to looking out the window. I was dreading reading that letter. I didn't want to. But tomorrow would be best, because that was the day I met Cassedee. That was they day it all began. And it's also the day it will all end. The day we read the letter will be the day we fully accept that she is dead.

"Rose, honney, time to get out." Donovan told me. I stood up out of the car and went inside silently. I hadn't been talking latley. I didn't think that I should considering that Cassedee wouldn't hear it..I walked into the bedroom and turned on the hot water. I stripped and got in. What if I were to die right now. I was ok with that. Cassie was like my family. Hell, she was my family. I loved her as if she was my real sister. She and Paul and Donovan are the only people I had. And now...now she's gone, and I'm left here.

***********************************************************************

This was a short chapter but next chapter is last chapter....enjoy the story and re read if you wnat :*