Prologue

Gwen Stacy walked into the small posh café and sat down. She pulled a small book out of her handbag and glanced up at the white lights dangling from the purple ceiling of the café roof. She blew her bangs out of her face and slouched over her book, getting enveloped in the story.

"May I get you something to eat or drink?" a small voice asked. Gwen looked up and smiled at the waiter, shaking her head.

"Um, no thanks. Maybe later I'll get a coffee or something." The waiter nodded and smiled, shuffling over to another table to take their order.

After another 15 minutes slithered by, Gwen snapped her book shut and growled quietly. She hated it when the books that she liked had to end. She wished the book would just go on forever and reality wouldn't have to exist; it was always keeping her away from really living in her book-like she wanted.

Gwen looked up as the bell above the entrance to the café tinkled, signaling the arrival of a new customer. The newcomer was dressed in a red sweater with an army green jacket hanging over it. His black skinny jeans weren't so skinny and sagged at his bottom, and to add to his sloppy outfit, his hair was bed-headed but somehow looked perfect.

There was something familiar about the newcomer, something that she liked about him. The boy walked up to the ordering counter and Gwen quickly gathered her things and strutted to the ordering counter.

"I'm ready for that coffee now!" she said loudly, and almost forcefully, stepping in front of the boy, cutting him in line.

"I just wanted some hot chocolate." The boy said, mostly to himself, his hand moving to the back of his head and scratching it in confusion.

"And a hot chocolate for my friend." Gwen added, smiling at the cashier. The total was $5.25. She handed over the exact amount of cash and got the drinks; she turned to the boy with his drink and held it out to him. He shyly smiled and hesitated, reaching for it, only to have Gwen pull it away from him.

"First, I want to know your name." she said firmly. The boy hesitated once more and shook his head, looking at the ground through his black, square glasses. He looked back up at Gwen with a hint of amusement in his eyes.

"I'm Peter. Parker. Peter Parker."

Please leave comments and tell me how it is so far :) thank you!!