Chapter 8: Marc

Chapter 8

Marc

Just what do you think you’re doing?!” That voice raged in my mind. “Go back to her!”

I shook my head as pressed my hands on my temples. “Shut up!!” My head was aching so badly right now.

“Did you forget why we’re here?!!!”

“Ugh!!! Shut up!!”  That voice couldn’t shut up and each time he called out, my head felt as if it was about to explode. It was constant now, whenever I was around Nikki or around that Kyler guy his voice would cry out in fury.

Still gripping my head, I stood up from my bed and tried to walk towards my desk reaching for the bottle of pills. Everything around me felt so unreal, the walls swayed from side to side it felt like I was in a boat. My body moved as the walls moved. I couldn’t think straight –not with that voice screaming in my head.

Maybe cold water will help, I thought as I walked towards the bathroom leaving the pills on the desk

“Stop what you’re doing Matt!!” I groaned in pain. I finally made it towards the bathroom. As I opened my eyes to better my view I could not believe what I was seeing.

In the reflection of the mirror was me –well it was my features, but this refection looked different…iniquity.

“Go back to Nikki,” he barked. I shook my head as I placed a hand on my forehead, shutting my eyes. What was wrong with my head?!

“Matt!!” He growled. “We made a pact! Or don’t you remember?!”

I shook my head, “no.”

“It’s me Marc, your other ‘true’ self,” he explained. “Don’t you remember me?”

I gritted my teeth together as the pain was killing me from within. I lost it, I completely lost it.

“Matt, Matt! Look at me!” He ordered. Slowly I opened my eyes as I stared into Marc’s. Then everything vanished and went pitch black.