Chapter 14: Created Thoughts

~Kyler~

What do I do now?! I thought. Matt was going to discover I was here and my chances of find Nikki were going to diminish.  As I thought about my chances of escaping, someone knocked on the door.

"Matt?" His mother asked gently. "Are you all right?" Matt silently cursed as he stood up and went towards the door. He cleared his throat and opened the door.

"Yes, why do you ask?" he asked innocently. "There is there a problem?"

"I thought you... well I thought," she hesitated then quickly added, "No there's no problem. Will you help me unload the dishes from the dish washer?"

"Yeah sure," he accepted. I sighed as I felt the pressure release me. "Just let my get my sandals from under the bed." My heart skipped a beat.

My heart quickly began pounding in my ears as I watched in horror as Matt approached and kneeled down in front of me. His hand began to reach towards me as I began to sweat rapidly.

"Matt," his mother asked again. His middle finger was just an inch from poking my left eye.

"Yes?" He drew back is hand as he gave his mother his full attention.

"Why don't you help your father with the garage, better? That way you don't have to take your shoes off," she offered.

"Sure," he said as he walked towards the door as his mother closed the door. I stayed there waiting for their footsteps to get farther away from the room. I sighed loudly as I crawled from under the bed and quickly got on my two feet. My eyes darted towards the window as I quickly ran towards it and in a swift move opened it.

I swallowed as I remembered that I was on the second story of the house and not of the first. There was no tree nearby to which I could grab and ease my fall. But my will to find Nikki was stronger than my fear itself. Quickly and silently I climbed out the window as I carefully tried to hang on to the sill of the window.

On the count of three I will let go, I thought. Three! I let go of the sill and landed on my back against the hard grass.

I thought grass was softer than that, I thought wincing as I wobbly stood up. Without looking back I began to run away from Matt's house with the bottle of pills in my pocket.

~Nikki~

"You know you're cute when you smile," he smirked at me. I blushed as I brought my eyes towards him. "And you know what's the best part?"

I smiled wider, "what?" He leaned down and brought his lips towards mine. It was gentle and sweet almost as a small whisper. Then he gently grabbed my face as I began to tangled my fingeres in his silky brown hair. He began to move his hands down my shoulders and without warning began digging his fingernail into my skin. I flinched from the pain as I tried to jerk away from him. His kiss began to be forceful and hurtful.

I flinch my eyes open as I stared at Aaron.

Where was Clark?!

Why was Aaron kissing me instead of Clark?!

I jerked my head away, but Aaron saw my intention and grabbed my jaw making it stay in place. He angrily opened his eyes as he tried to kiss me.

"Nooo," I moaned as I tried to jerk away. It was futile with his strength against mine. Again, he tried to land another kiss and when his bottom lip met my mouth I instantly shut my mouth as I bit him.

I quickly tasted metallic blood in my mouth as Aaron angrily slapped me sending me on the hard cold ground.

"You're going to stay with me whether you like it or not," he sneered as he wiped his bottom lip with the back of his right hand.