Chapter 11: New ones come around (Part I)

Chapter 11

New ones come around (Part I)

“Aaron?” I asked the young guy. He nodded frowning the slightest.

“Does that make you remember anything?” He inquired with the slightest hint of panic.

I shook my head, “no, it’s just…”

“Do not worry you will remember something,” he assured as he extended his left hand towards me. “Trust me; I will never hurt you –a young girl like you that is.”

He words seemed to move something inside of me as if he were waking something inside me. I tried to remember, but it was useless. He stood there politely waiting for me. With a shivering and hesitating hand, I brought mine with his. Instantly, I felt a wave of a mixture of emotion swirl inside of me. I could not explain quite well with words.

“Are you cold?” He asked bring me to the present. His light brown eyes bore into mine as I began to get lost in them. Those eyes…

Without waiting for my response he shook off his black jacket and wrapped it around my shoulders. The warmth of the jacket felt exceedingly pleasant against my cold ice skin.

“Come I’ll take you to my home. I really don’t want you to get sick,” he smirked as he wrapped his left arm around shoulder and began leading me away from the sea.

“Aaron,” I whispered –a little too loud for him to hear.

“Yeah?” He asked.

I blushed slightly at my mistake, “oh nothing it’s that Aaron is… a nice name.”

“Thanks,” he said. “That was my great, great grandfather’s name.”

“Oh, really?”

“Yeah, my mother decided to put the name on me because she could not come up with a name.”

I smiled at the response. “And do you have any sisters or relatives?”

I felt him stiff. “Yeah, I have a…a…little s-sister.” He forced out the words like if they were a curse.

I was curious to know. “And may I ask what her name is?”

I took a sneak peek at him and found him with twisted lips then slowly he smiled. “She had the most beautiful name my mother could have given her. Her name was Nikki.”

I was taken aback. “Really? That’s my name also!” He was surprised just as I was.

“Well, that name is very beautiful,” he said with a smirk. I smiled wide.

“Well, thank you,” I said. We kept walking in silence through the woods.

“You know you remind me of my sister,” he causally said. I slightly frowned.

“I do?”

“Yeah, in fact she’s the same age as you,” he explained.

Across from me a blue truck waited quietly for us. Could I trust this man? I glance at Aaron who was releasing me and walking around towards the driver’s seat.

He looked nice and he said he wouldn’t hurt me. But can I trust, trust him?

Under the moonlight he was handsome, with his light brown eyes and pink faded lips. But with all the good looks could I trust in him?

“Hop in; I don’t want to leave you,” he said as he held the passenger door open for me.

If I reject right now there might be the chance that no one might ever come. Furthering the problem, it’s nighttime…