Chapter 12: A Buried Memory

Chapter 12

A Buried Memory

          Creeping quietly as possible down the wear down hallway, I made it to her room. My heart pounded –it has been a long time since I had her in my arms. Opening the door I managed to creep inside her room as she slept. My dear love was groaning in her sleep as I approached her.

           Even in the darkened room she managed to be the most beautiful woman I have ever seen. In this moment, Nikki wasn’t my sister; she was a woman that I loved. Licking my lips as I took off my shirt in a swift move and laid next to her on the bed. I wrapped my left arm around her as she, in her sleep, wrapped her arms around my neck resting her head on my bare chest.

            Smiling in the purest pleasure, I sighed. I held her as if there were no tomorrow. She had my life in her hands –do as she wished with me and she will always have me at her feet. Lifting, her face towards mine, my lips keenly founds hers. In that instant everything inside me felt at ease.

           I broke away after a second as she snuggled in my arms.

           “I love you,” I whispered in her hair. “And this time you will fall in love with me.”

           Nikki lost her memory. She doesn’t remember anyone or what her name is. This is my chance –to enjoy the moment and make her realize that I’m the one for her as she is to me.

            My eyes slowly crept down towards her chest trailing down towards her feet. I threw my head on the pillow as I stared at the ceiling, lifting memories watching them pass by my eyes like channels until that single memory engulfed me.

             The single memory of when I fell in love with her fell in love with my sister.

***  

              “Aaron,” her voice was calling and soothing at the same time. “Look, I know that you might think that I don’t love you anymore, but that is not true. I’m your mother and I love you dearly. But now you won’t be alone anymore you’ll have your baby sister, now.”

            I crossed my arms on my chest and turned my head away from her. My mother had just come home from the hospital. Three days –she spent three days in the hospital all because of that –of that brat!

            I sat there on the couch as my mother gave me a gentle smile while I gave her a sour look. I was only seven years old at the time. I knew much more then she would give me credit. I knew that that brat would steal away my mother! I knew that that brat would be the center of attention from now on because she was baby and I wasn’t.

            I balled my fists angry as I set my jaw. Each time I remembered that brat the more furious I became.

            “Aaron don’t be like that,” my mother pleaded playfully as she grabbed my chin making me turn my head towards her. “You don’t know her yet, please Aaron at least see your little sister.”

             “Hmph,” I groaned as I resisted to even look at my mother’s pleading eyes. She sighed as she gave up. Standing towards her feet she walked away from living room into the kitchen.

           As if I would go and look at that brat, I thought bitterly. All she would do would be to make look less in front of my mother. I stared out towards the window not bothering to move or even unroll my fists. I watched as the blue sky began to darken until the stars twinkled to life.