Chapter9

»Namjoon's pov«

"Where's (y/n)?" I ask, looking around the living room.

"Ah, she said she was going to be in her room since Yoongi would be out the rest of the day." Hoseok says as he looks up at me then back down at his phone.

I walk past them and make my way to her room.

When I knock and get no response I open the door only to find (y/n) asleep on the bed.

She was curled up into a ball, making her look extremely tiny and I had to admit, extremely cute.

I walked over to her and pulled the blanket over her body so she didn't get sick since it was cold outside.

Just as I was about to walk away I saw her phone flash and the home screen became visible.

It was a picture of her and Yoongi.

She was smiling and holding up a peace sign while Yoongi had a tiny smile.

I felt a twinge in my chest.

Seeing them together like that, they looked so perfect.

I knew it wasn't like that between them now but one day they'll realize it.

"Namjoon? What are you doing?" (Y/n) asks in a tired voice as she rubs at her eyes and forces herself to sit up.

"Oh um, I wanted to tell you how good you did today." I say and it wasn't a complete lie so it was okay.

"You've already told me that multiple times." she says as she yawns and stretches her arms with a groan.

"I know but I mean it this time." I say.

"Wait, so you didn't mean it before?" She asks, narrowing her beautiful (e/c) eyes at me.

"No! That's not what I meant." I say defensively.

"I know, I'm just messing with you." she says and runs her fingers through her hair.

"Is Yoongi home yet?" She asks, looking down at the time which was currently 11:33pm.

"Not yet." I say and her face falls.

"Oh, alright. I think I'll just go back to sleep then." she says and I nod and walk towards the door.

"Goodnight Joonie." she says in a small voice that makes my chest feels weird.

I liked the nickname too much.

"Goodnight." I say while swallowing down the lump in my throat then leaving.

When I get back into the living room I notice Yoongi walking through the door.

"How did it go hyung?" Jungkook asks and Yoongi looks up and gives a small smile.

"It went fine. I'm getting somewhere and the tracks sound great." he says with a proud tone to his voice.

"I'm glad. It's gonna be awesome!" he says and Yoongi smiles again and nods.

"Did she go to sleep already?" He asks as he gets comfortable on the couch.

"She did." I confirm and he looks up at me then nods.

"Did something happen earlier? She seemed pretty happy when she came home." Jin says and I see Yoongi smile a little but it's gone just as fast as it came.

"Not really." he says while shrugging it off.

Not really?

So something did happen.

Now I was curious.

"What do you mean not really?" I ask and he looks over at me and raises his eyebrows.

"I mean nothing major happened." he replies.

"You're so clueless." I mumble under my breath and everyone looks at me.

"Did you say something?" He asks and I shake my head.

He turns his attention back to his phone and I let out a breath.

He really was clueless and so was (y/n).

They didn't see what was going on at all.

They didn't get why they enjoyed each others company so much, or why they made each other happy, they didn't understand it because they we're clueless.