Chapter 5

We laid in my treehouse as the sun set on that warm August evening. This was the most contact we've had in days. We were talking but it didn't feel like it used to. Something felt off.

"Regan?"

"Yeah?"

"Will you come with me to see him?"

"What are you really afraid of?"

"I don't know. I'm just not ready to see him hurt I guess."

"Well he's still your friend. You have to go up there and see him. If it makes you feel better I'll come with you. I wanna see him too."

"We'll go tomorrow."

"Actually we should go now. My mom is his nurse tonight and with the pull that I have we can stay past visiting hours."

"Regan I'm not ready. I already told you."

  "Prince if you don't go now then you're not gonna go at all. Don't leave him hangin like that after he took a beating for us."

"I kinda wish that he didn't."

The way he spoke to me was definitely not the same guy.

"You know what man? I can't force you. I'll go without you."

I climbed down the tree and back into the house. Before I could even make it up my steps to get to my room the back door came open. His heels clicked swiftly across the lanolin flooring.

"Regan!"

"What?!?!?"

He stopped just two feet shy of me. We didn't say anything more. Just stood there. Staring. After a minute I went to my room and grabbed my wallet from my desk by the door. I've never needed it until today. I went back downstairs and locked up the back door. As I tried to walk passed Prince to leave out the side door he grabbed me by my waist.

"Let go!" I snapped at him.

"No." His voice now softened and filled with seduction.

"Then why are you even here!?!?"

He let me go and smiled at me as if nothing was wrong.

"Because. I am."

I rolled my eyes and felt my anger taking control of my mind. I was trying to stay quiet but it wasn't going to last much longer.

"Look troll I don't know what it is you think you're doing but it's not gonna make things better between us. You've acted like I didn't exist all week and now you just wanna show up like nothing happened! I'm not with it ok! So we either go see Andre together or you can take your ass back to Chanhassen and end this shit."

His eyes got wide and so did his smile. He looked like he wasn't taking me seriously. I couldn't deal with his mood swings anymore I threw my hands up and let out a frustrating groan.

  "I'm not dealing with you today. Don't see Andre."

I bolted for the door when he ran in front of me blocking my exit.

  "Move nerd! I don't have time for your games!" I said trying to move him with all the strength in me.

After a few of my best tries I went to the back door hoping to get out that way but I failed there too. He got there before I could. Still smiling at me he blocked me in.

  "I'm not kidding Prince move!" I shouted trying to push him out of the way.

He just stood there with a smug smile and tormented me. I stopped shoving him and stared him down angrily. Then I figured since he wouldn't let me leave I'll just go to my room and wait him out until he left. I raced towards the steps and got maybe half way up when he pulled me down by my leg. He turned me over and looked into my eyes still with that child like smile.

  "Let me go." I said flailing to get free.

  "No." He said softly as he went in for a kiss.

I turned my head before he did.

  "C'mon don't be like that." He said still in a seductive tone.

"Why shouldn't I be? You suck!"

"Ha! So do you." He said with a wink and a devilish grin.

He stood up on the steps below me and dropped his pants. The sudden shock on my face couldn't be hidden. It could be seen from the other side of the room. His eyes locked on my face as he stood there still smiling.

"What...."

"You know you want to Regan. Don't deny it."

I couldn't stop staring. We went a whole week without any sexual contact until today and he just pulls it out in front of me like it was nothing. After a few minutes of sitting there looking I finally came back to earth.

"I am not putting that thing in my mouth sir!" I said remembering that me and him still haven't solved the root of our problems.

"Come on! Mr. Happy wants you to. I want you to."

The lust in his voice was starting to turn me on and make me forget what I was mad at him for. I looked in his brown eyes and flashed him a small smile. I grabbed him tightly by his strong erection and he let out a deep moaning giggle. Just when I was about to give him what he was looking for there was a knock on the door followed by a voice.

"Prince? What's taking you so long?"

That was a voice I didn't recognize. The voice of a woman. His eyes looked like he was embarrassed that he was caught and just like a man he couldn't say anything. He just stood there. My lust for him died immediately as I pushed him away from me.

"Really???? I knew it." I said getting up from the steps.

I went to the door and answered like nothing was wrong. She was a brown skinned girl with curly black hair and a slender build just like mine. I always knew Prince had a type. Caramel skinned girls with curly hair was his turn on.

"I'm sorry I don't mean to bother you but I was looking for my boyfriend? Is he here?" She asked.

"What's his name?" I asked her trying to hide how pissed off I was.

"Prince. Light skinned guy long jet black hair. Heels." She said smiling.

"Yeah he's here. I'll go get him for you!"

I closed the door and grabbed him by his shirt.

"So that's why you've been avoiding me. I'm not your girlfriend anymore."

"Regan. Wait a second. I can explain about her."

"Yeah. I bet you can. Don't worry about going to see Andre. I'll go. And I won't tell him about this either."

I grabbed my wallet and keys from the table and made my way back to the door pulling Prince with me. I took a deep breath put on a smile and opened the door with the smiling girl still standing there.

"Hey baby! I was starting to worry." She said.

"Oh everything was fine. This is Regan. She's my childhood best friend."

"Hi! Nice to meet you! He talks about you all the time." She said as she reached out to shake my hand.

"Oh really? Sad I can't say the same about you. I'm sorry what your name again?" I said trying really hard not to be sarcastic.

Prince was turning very pink in the face as he watched me hide my anger.

"Oh! I'm sorry my name is Cat. Cat Glover."