Chapter 6

So now that I really know where Prince and I stand. I made the decision to not let this bother me. At least for now. To justify his behavior I forced myself to believe that this is just the aftershock of his trauma and to deal with the pain of Andre being in the hospital he's thinking irrationally. This Cat girl is his new eye candy and I'm still his girlfriend. I wasn't going to pick apart at the details in front of them. I let Prince play his game and i'll play along at least for right now.

"Well Cat. It's very nice to meet you. I'm Regan like he said. Well I was just on my way out to visit a friend of ours so you guys have fun."

"Hey maybe we could hand out sometime!" Cat said to me with a huge smile on her face.

This girl really can't be serious. Unless he didn't tell her the full story about me I definitely don't feel all that comfortable with her with Prince and hanging out with her was certainly out of the question. As much as I wanted to fight for him now wasn't the time. Andre needs his friends around him and me fighting over a man wasn't part of my plan today.

"Um.....yeah.....sure.....maybe. Well I gotta go. So Prince I'll see you later yes?" I asked grilling him without her knowing.

"Regan you're just gonna-"

"Times a wastin' and I have plans that you're getting in the way of right now. We'll talk about it later." I snapped at him.

His face looked like he wanted to tuck his tail and take off now that he was busted. I pushed him towards Cat and closed the door as she grabbed him by the hand and walked him down the steps to his motorcycle. I locked up the house and walked by them as if they were strangers and down the block to the bus stop. So this was what my heart was telling me. He was fooling around with another woman for the last few days. It would have been nice if he had just been a man and ended it. I would have felt better if he was honest but he wasn't. The bus pulled up and I got on and paid my fare. It was pretty empty for a Wednesday night. I sat by the window and tried to keep my mind off of the situation that I've now once again found myself in. Prince was good looking and a very flirtatious man. I'll give him that but he made me believe that I would be his one and only. I can't go to the hospital with all of this on my mind. I need to block it out at least until I get home. The bus pulled up just across the street from the emergency entrance. I got off and ran across before the red light changed. Walking inside I found my mom standing at the nurses station checking in a patient.

"Hey Ma!" I said trying to hide my pain from her.

She looked up at me and smile.

"Well there you are little mouse! I was hoping to see you today. Morris and Dez were just here about an hour ago. Where's my Skippy?"

"Working. He's too upset about Andre being here." I told her.

"Awwww poor kid."

"Ma he's a grown man let him make his own stupid decisions."

Oops. Didn't mean to let that one slip.

"Regan! That's rude." She scolded.

"Sorry Ma but he should still see how his friend is doing after what happened when Marcus tried-"

Damn. I did it again.

"This is the second time you guys have brought up this Marcus person. Who is he?"

"Nobody Ma it's fine." I said trying to avoid eye contact.

"Regan Michele don't you lie to me now tell me who this guy is!"

"I'm not lying Ma it's fine! He's just some jerk that keeps thinking I want to be with him when I really don't."

She gave me a look that meant she wasn't having it. Luckily she was on the clock and not at home because this conversation would get deeper than I want it to.

"Alright then. We'll discuss this later." She said sharply.

"Cool! What's Dre's room number?"

She pointed down the hall.

"Room 449. Don't think I'm not going to remember this Marcus person little girl!"

"We'll talk later. Promise." I said as I headed to Andre's room.

I got to the door and I knocked three times before going inside. I peeked my head inside and he was wide awake watching television when my curly hair caught his attention.

"Well hey there beautiful! Good to see that sunshine on your face!" He said as he waved me down to come inside.

"Hello Cymone. How are you?"

"Well I'm a little bruised up but I'm alive. How are you sweet thing?"

It took everything in me to not open up to him about what's been going on with me and his best friend but he could read my emotions like an open book.

"Everything is good I guess. Just worried about you. When will you be going home."

"They say in a few days. I've been here to way too long. Looking at the same walls the same nurses and eating the same shitty food. Where's my boy at? He ain't come with you?"

I really didn't want to talk about him but with Andre asking about his friend I had to give him an answer.

"He's out with his new toy." I scoffed angrily.

Andre let out a laugh as he sat up in the bed.

"His new toy huh? What he got a new guitar?"

"No he got a new girlfriend."

Andre's face went pale.

"His what now?"

"Yeah that's what I said."

"How do you know that you're not his girl no more?"

"Because he brought her to my house."

"No fucking way! He's not that damn bold!"

"Oh he's that fucking bold."

"This I wanna hear."

"Not today you're still in recovery and you need your rest."

"Damn that! Skip is fucking up! He's gotta good woman and he's gonna fuck it all up over another bitch???? Nah I ain't with that. I mean shit I could have had you my damn self!"

"Appreciate your honestly but I'll be alright. Love was never in the cards for me I guess."

"Regan. It is. You have a good heart. If Skip is foolin' around on you then he has no idea what he's missing. He shouldn't be doing this to you. I can tell you love him."

"Yeah. That was my first mistake."

"You can't help who you love mousy."

"Like Marcus?"

"Nah that motherfucker needs to get murdered. Don't worry love. We'll end Marcus. Skip will come around. He's fucking up but he'll come around even if that means I have to beat his ass when I get outta here."

He made me giggle at the thought of him beating up Prince. They've had their fights and scuffles over other women but never over me. At least not seriously. I looked up at the clock and noticed that I only had a few more minutes to get back to the bus stop before I had to go home.

"Well Mr. Anderson. It's been a pleasure like always." I said as I stood up and hugged him.

"Thank you for coming mouse."

"I should be the one thanking you for saving me."

"I would do anything for you. We've been close for how long?"

"Forever!"

"And that's how long I will keep protecting you."

I went to the door and waved goodbye and blew him a kiss. It's good to see him happy and awake and not in a depressed state like Prince was ages days ago. I left the hospital and went back across to the bus stop and waited on the bench for the bus when I heard the sound of a deep voice.

"Wanna ride?"

I turned around and like magic there he was. It was a nervous and smiling Prince.