Chapter 12

That night Prince decided to let Dez, Morris and Jerome to come and crash at Paisley for the night. He wanted to do some shooting for his movie Graffiti Bridge. Dez and I watched as Prince and his film bandmates reshot the club scene when they performed Elephants and Flowers. Prince was dressed in black and white with his hair pulled back away from his face with lines of war paint drawn on himself. His eyes lit up with his childlike smile as he sang. Watching him made me fall harder in love with him but the question still remained. What was he up to? He's always full of surprises. I wonder what he had planned this time. Hopefully not another 'other woman setup' then I'd have to kill him for playing with my emotions. Prince's scene had wrapped for the night and he jumped down from the stage with a huge smile on his face. He came running up to me excited.

  "Hey girlfriend! How'd you like it? You think it's a good fit for the movie?" He asked. His voice was high and happy.

  "Geez Skipper calm down it was perfect!" I giggled as he hugged me.

  "Good! I saw you groovin out here so that must have meant something." He said taking my hands.

  "I was! You were amazing up there as usual."

  "So wanna get outta here?"

  "Sure! What are we doing after this."

  "Can't tell you yet. I'm gonna get changed and I'll meet you in the studio."

He kissed me and took off quickly to change. Morris and Dez cheered and whistled at us and making obnoxious cat calls as I stood blushing and holding my face.

  "Skip's gonna tear that ass up tonight!" Morris shouted.

I smiled and flipped them off and heard back to the main building to sit in the studio. I went to the bedroom first to change my top and spray myself down in his cologne that smelled like some kind of exotic fruit from a forbidden Forrest in the amazons. I tried to fix by pony puff but after five failed attempts I took it out of the elastic band and shook it out and it fell gracefully down to my shoulders. It was almost like it was perfectly styled. I raced out of the room and down to the second floor studio and waited at the door for him. Just like I had expected he came up to the top of the steps and found me standing against the wall waiting for him. His smile could be seen from where he stood. He made his way to me and pinned me against the wall covering my neck with kisses.

  "If looks could kill I would have died when I saw you standing here." He said.

  "Well why hasn't it happened yet?" I asked him as he still had me on the wall.

  "Because I think I'm immortal. But don't quote me on that."

  "That I wanna see!"

He opened the door and pulled me inside his studio and told me to go and sit on the sofa. I went and sat down as he came up to me with that same huge smile on his face.

  "Now about the surprise I have for you. Close your eyes."

  "What are you doing Prince?" I asked him nervously.

  "Will you stop playing detective and close your eyes? Damn you can be so difficult."

  "You're the difficult one! Crazy man!"

  "I bet I won't be crazy in a minute. Let's go close them!"

  "Oh god fine!"

I closed my eyes and waited.

  "No peeking. I know how you like to cheat." He said.

  "You're one to talk." I said.

  "I told you. Planned. And it worked. Took a whole week to get you out of the house too. Normally I can get you to leave faster than that."

  "Which is why I hate you so much more now!"

He laughed a little as I heard his voice come closer to me and sat back down next to me.

"Ok hate me then. Put your hand out."

I stuck my hand out and hoped that he would put worms in it like he did when we were little at camp. He placed a solid object in my hand softly.

"Can I open them now nerd?" I asked him in a joking tone.

"Yes mousy you can open them." He said in a deep voice with a sound of his smile running through the room.

I opened my eyes to find a small black box sitting in my palm. My eyes got really wide with excitement.

"What is it?" I asked.

"Why don't you open it and find out!"

I opened the lid on the box and it was the most beautiful thing I've ever seen. It was a white gold necklace with his LoveSymbol just like the one he always wore around his neck.

"Prince! It's wonderful!" I said as I clutched the box and hugged him tightly.

"Well put it on!" He said excited.

I looked at the shiny new piece of jewelry and then looked at him with a smile. I handed him the box and shook my head no to him.

"I want you to do it!"

"Why me?"

"Tradition. Buy a girl a necklace you put it on her. That makes the relationship official."

He took the box from my hand and smiled.

"In that case turn around."

I turned with my back to him. He took the chain from the box and brought it slowly down in front of me put it on me. I held my hair out of the way until he had it secured around my neck. I tugged softly at the pendant and couldn't stop myself from smiling.

"Prince this is......this is the nicest thing you've ever done for me!"

"I try. So am I still a rotten horrible cheating boyfriend?"

"No. You're none of things anymore."

"Prove it then."

"How?"

"You know how. Kiss me."

Without hesitation I went in for the kiss. He pulled me close to him as his lips enveloped over mine. We broke our kiss slightly to gaze in each other's eyes and went back into it. We were soon interrupted by a knock on the door.

"Oh yeah! I almost forgot!" He said as we had to break our kiss again.

Prince jumped up and ran to the door. The door came open and in walked Cat.

"Hey! You wanted to see me?" She asked him.

"Yes. I need you to really make her look good for tonight. Give her the works. She deserves it." He said to her.

"What are you up to now?" I asked him.

"Prince wanted me to do your makeup and find you something really cute to wear for tonight." Car said excited.

"What happens tonight?" I asked.

"You'll see later. Go get ready. I'll see you tonight."

Before I could get another question Prince was gone. It was just me and Cat.

"So should we get started?" She asked with a smile.

"Sure as long as I look good I guess." I said uncertain.

"Oh baby when I'm done with you Prince won't keep his eyes.....or hands....off of you!"

She grabbed my wrist and pulled me out the studio and down the hall to one of the guest rooms. This night has been nothing but surprises. I wonder what's going to happen now.