Chapter 8

Morning came and I had awaken to breakfast in bed. The tray was placed in the spot where Prince had laid next to me hours before. I smiled as I looked at the display of strawberries and pancakes with a tall glass of orange juice. In a tall thin vase stood a single red rose with a note.

"To my beautiful Regan. Please meet me at the studio after breakfast. Don't keep we waiting. Prince."

I couldn't stop smiling as I read his words a few more times. I looked over at the display of culinary wonder and my stomach began to rumble. I grabbed the tray and started stuffing my face in delight. I couldn't wait to see him.
How my heart had missed him terribly. The love we made was still on my mind. The way his fingertips traced over my naked body. Each kiss sweeter than the last. His eyes taking in every inch of my body. I could feel a twinge of lust take over but I couldn't lose my focus. I had to go and meet with him like he wants to. I couldn't finish eating because of the trill of him waiting for me. I jumped out of the bed and raced to the bathroom to take a quick shower and get dressed. I went into his closet and found one of the outfits that I left here a month ago. It was a short black skirt and a hot pink halter top. I let my dark brown curls fall to my shoulders and brushed my teeth. I looked myself over in the mirror and put on a little lip gloss and went down to the studio to meet with Prince. When I got there the door was open and he was just where I would find him. At his soundboard with his blue cloud guitar working. I knocked on the door and he turned to me with a smile on his face.

"Well! Good morning curly head!" He said.

"Good morning to you! You look fresh out of the salon today. What's on the agenda? Photoshoot?" I asked as I went and sat down next to him.

"Actually I was hoping we'd hang out today. Just me and you."

"Really? And why's that?"

"Because you're leaving me soon."

"Prince it's just college it's not like I'm going to the moon or something."

"I know. I took you there last night." He joked.

"Dude you're sick!" I giggled as I gave him a love tap on his arm.

We sat quietly for a moment. His eyes slowly reading my face as his smile fades.

"Do you wanna go see Andre today?" He asked sadly.

"Prince I don't get why you don't. He's your best friend. He risked his life for you. For us! I don't see why this is an issue."

"I know this is easy for you but seeing him laid up in a hospital bed just doesn't sit well with me.

"Now look Skipper that is your friend. You two have been like brothers for as long as I've known you. Stop being such a punk ass and go see your boy!"

He shook his head and smiled at me as he sat his guitar on the floor.

"Wow Regan! Being pretty forward today. I can dig that."

"Yeah I'm sure you can. Let's go see Cyclone Cymone."

"HA! He really calls himself that. He's ridiculous."

"Well he's your idiot friend."

"Yeah and you're the idiots future wife."

"Ha ha ha you're fucking hilarious kid."

"I know."

"You're such a troll."

"Yeah but you love me."

"Lies."

His playful shock face was almost believable. I grabbed his and and pulled him closer to me when we stood up.

"Relax I'm kidding. I love you fool."

"Yeah you better. Or you'll regret it."

He gave me a kiss and we left his studio. When we got down the hall we were greeted by the sound of that annoying bird cackling.

"YO SKIP! BRING YO ASS!"

Perfect timing for the one and only Morris E. Day. Prince and I looked at each other as if his arrival was unwelcoming.

"Hey that's you're boy." I said as I smiled at him.

We went downstairs to find Morris and Jerome standing dead center of the lobby floor.

"What's shakin' baby?" Morris said greeting us and we came down

"You know you should call first man." Prince joked.

"Ah don't pull that bullshit brotha! You know I just show up when I want to!" Morris joked.

"So what's the plan man? We seeing Andre? He's been asking about you." Jerome said.

Prince seemed hesitant to respond but he did.

"Yeah. We'll go see Andre." He said.

You could tell he wasn't ready to but he had to do it so that Andre wouldn't think that he was bailing on his friend.

"Come on man stop worryin'! Cymone is cool! He's still kickin and can jam another day." Morris said trying to give Prince some kind of comfort.

Prince shook his head and agreed with Morris. Andre was still alive and we survived an explosion but to Prince it just wasn't enough. He wanted Marcus gone. We all did. Jerome and Morris headed out to the car and I followed behind them when I noticed that Prince was still standing in the same place.

"What's the matter babe?" I asked him.

"You think he'll be pissed at me for waitin so long?" He asked.

"No! Why would he be?"

"I haven't seen him since he went in."

"You act like he's in a coma! Baby Andre is a tough cookie. He fell out of my treehouse and didn't break a bone! He's climbed fences and tearing his clothes and not his skin! Hell Andre has done more dangerous shit than all of us put together! He's always been ok after and he always will be. I mean come on we're talking about the cyclone here. If anything he'll tear up your shit before something were to happen to him. Stop worrying so much. You're make that gorgeous hair of yours go grey before you want it to. And you don't look like the dying type."

He gave me a smile and kissed my hand.

"Thank you Regan."

"You're welcome. Now let's go see Andre.

We left out of Paisley hand in hand and got on his bike following Morris and Jerome back to the hospital.